PDA

View Full Version : Pinch and Zoom

backtothefuture
Aug 14, 2013, 02:39 PM
Just got my MBA 13" on Monday. So happy. Now have 256g as opposed to 60g in my old Powerbook and 8g ram as opposed to less than 1.

Anyway,

I'm having problems executing pinch and zoom. It does not seem to work at all when I'm surfing the web. I am using Firefox, if that makes a difference.
I have pinch and zoom (two fingers) turned on in the System Preferences (?) folder.

Just seeing if this is an issue for anyone else.

jav6454
Aug 14, 2013, 02:41 PM
Use Chrome instead. There was an article not too long ago about some browsers not fully supporting Apple's multitouch layer in OS X. Might want to check on that.

Else, try checking about the features using Safari, if it works there, you know its FireFox not supporting it.

backtothefuture
Aug 14, 2013, 02:42 PM
Awesome, Thanks!

xkmxkmxlmx
Aug 14, 2013, 06:33 PM
It is one of the main reasons I use safari over chrome now. While I prefer chrome for a lot of other features, the lunch to zoom (which I use a lot), is just so smooth with safari. It works on chrome, but it is zooms in ticks instead of smooth.

Mrbobb
Aug 14, 2013, 06:58 PM
I am using Firefox, if that makes a difference.

A HUGE difference.

FF-Mac by default doesn't do pinch zoom but u can configure it to do so, Google "Firefox gesture" or something, I forgot the link.

BUT is not smooth. For silk-smooth finger gestures, nothing beats Safari. I use Safari for my daily browsing and keep FF for my other "serious" stuff because it has more robust bookmarking.