Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Garcia

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
I'm thinking (and have been thinking for about a year) about getting some large 'Think different' posters. I need to know the original posters (how many there were ( set of 37 HERE that says almost all) also, what sizes the originals come in? I think they do various sizes?

An option was 'suggested' to me is to buy the small versions for about $10 each and scan them and print them large, I'm not overly keen on doing this, not only because its wrong but i would like original versions, however - i would prefer to do that than spend out on copied versions (and others that have done the same thing)

can anyone answer my questions and give me any advice on getting some? (some photos of your posters would be awesome too, even chipping in and tell me which ones you like.)

i will frame them a bit like this one -
SinatraPrint3.jpg

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
The originals (lots of fakes on eBay) were 24 x 36 and 11 x 17. You can get some cheap 18 x 22's on eBay of decent quality but they are not real. I've also bought some real nice photo quality 8 x 10's (not real) on eBay for under 5 bucks each. When you search on eBay, use the term "think different" to see all of them.

Take a look at http://www.redlightrunner.com , they have some real ones for sale at very high prices.

I recently bought this real one below beautifully framed. I also have real 24 x 36 Hitchcock, Adams and 2 Einstein's. Interested in buying an Einstein?

I have fake Sinatra, Lucy and Desi, Jackie RObinson and a few others.

Attachments

• 97_1.JPG.jpg
    97_1.JPG.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 416

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
i have the alfred hitchcock... huge sized- 24x36, or whatever it is- sold to me as 'original'. who knows... it's heavy stock though...

the sinatra is my favorite i think

Garcia

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
rdowns said:
The originals (lots of fakes on eBay) were 24 x 36 and 11 x 17. You can get some cheap 18 x 22's on eBay of decent quality but they are not real. I've also bought some real nice photo quality 8 x 10's (not real) on eBay for under 5 bucks each. When you search on eBay, use the term "think different" to see all of them.
thanks for the very helpful info

I recently bought this real one below beautifully framed. I also have real 24 x 36 Hitchcock, Adams and 2 Einstein's. Interested in buying an Einstein?

how much shipped to the uk in a tube :p

MattQiu

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2005
UK & Shanghai.China
I bought the origina "Lucy & Desi" one and the "The Year of Think Different Book" on eBay this May. Although they are all second hand, but in really good condition and looks beautiful. :)

Attachments

• thinkdifferent.jpg
    thinkdifferent.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 125

Garcia

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
That looks really nice, how many different ones were released?

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Are most of the 8.5x11 fakes? I'd hardly call posters of that size 'posters', but it seems someone on eBay is selling a ton of them.

Garcia

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
Lacero said:
Are most of the 8.5x11 fakes? I'd hardly call posters of that size 'posters', but it seems someone on eBay is selling a ton of them.

rdowns said:
The originals (lots of fakes on eBay) were 24 x 36 and 11 x 17.

So, i presume anything else just isn't mustard

iSaint

macrumors 603
Garcia said:
I'm thinking (and have been thinking for about a year) about getting some large 'Think different' posters. I need to know the original posters (how many there were ( set of 37 HERE that says almost all) also, what sizes the originals come in? I think they do various sizes?

That eBay deal looks sweet. I wonder how this person obtained these posters?! And, I'm curious to see how much they'll go for.

Garcia

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
liketom said:
is there anywhere on the net i can get al them posters as desktops ?

:)

I know macdesktops.net (or .com, not 100%) have some

Bote

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2005
Philadelphia PA
How good is the quality on the fake ones. I really want the Alfred Hitchcock one but can't spend $200 on it. I need something cool to hang on my wall.

:D Post #100 for me:D

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
The 18 x 22's are nice quality although not real. The seller is shine97063

The 8 x 10 photos are also very nice. Ebay seller is snanrich

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004
That Frank Sinatra one in the first post rules! Where can I get that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.