PDA

View Full Version : Wireless driver problem in Win7 in macbook air

greatwall9528
Aug 15, 2013, 04:22 AM
My macbook air is the 2013 version,I use bootcamp to setup Windows7 x64,but I found a problem is that it is always can not connect to the internet when I start up the system,there is a red cross on the wireless icon.

Then I connect the U disk ,and setup the driver in document bootcamp again ,it will turn to normal.But every time it happens ,I need to repeat this operation, I wonder if there is a way to solve it forever....

Do you also face the problem?

newdeal
Aug 15, 2013, 06:20 AM
I had this issue, I clicked on the link in windows that let it resolve the problem automatically and it has worked fine ever since

SteveJobs2.0
Aug 15, 2013, 08:18 AM
I have the issue every so often when I boot into windows. Restarting usually seems to resolve things, but the windows help thing cannot fix it on it's own. When I see the red cross I cannot see any wireless networks at all.

teffers
Aug 15, 2013, 08:47 AM
I had similar issues with Win7 and BC.

It would either not see any networks, or it would see but not connect / stay connected to the network I wanted.

A few threads seem to be popping up about the problematic Wifi drivers for for bootcamp.

Until it's fixed (if it ever is) I'm making do with a VM in Fusion 5 instead.

MBHockey
Aug 15, 2013, 09:21 AM
The problem has something to do with rebooting from OS X into Windows. The workaround is instead to shut down the mac, then power it up and go into windows. I read this in another thread on this board and have been doing it for a week now and have not had the wifi issue once.

newdeal
Aug 15, 2013, 09:58 AM
when windows resolved the issue for me all it did was reset the wifi (turn it off completely and back on again). I have no idea how to do this manually but windows did it and it took care of it

jonasdamn
Aug 31, 2013, 11:27 PM
same issue here, only one workaround- shutdown and then choose windows then no problems with WiFi adapter. By the way, if apple releases driver updates, where i can check it? or they will release new bootcamp app version with newer drivers? I'm newbie on mac and bootcamp
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1638
seems that by system requirements MBA 2013 isnt supported :/