PDA

View Full Version : Just Got my 20" iMac g5

Uma888
Nov 18, 2005, 08:27 AM
Finally got it after 4 weeks waiting

Pictures + review comming soon!

I need a bit of help first though

How can i increase the movement speed of my mouse, it feels sloooow
i have d/led camino what files do i remove after draggining it to the applications folder?

how can i share my network conection with my pc

how can i transfer music from a windows formatted ipod to the mac?

volvo
Nov 18, 2005, 09:17 AM

i have d/led camino what files do i remove after draggining it to the applications folder?

Happy to hear of your new iMac arriving, I just received my new iMac 2.1 20" yesterday so having little experience I have been reading the various comments made on the forums. I tried the "Mighty Mouse" but I did not like the response, perhaps it takes a bit of getting used to. I am presently using the Logitech MX1000 Lazer. I will eventually give the Mighty Mouse a tryout as it seems to have a lot of nice features.

Uma888
Nov 18, 2005, 09:46 AM
Happy to hear of your new iMac arriving, I just received my new iMac 2.1 20" yesterday so having little experience I have been reading the various comments made on the forums. I tried the "Mighty Mouse" but I did not like the response, perhaps it takes a bit of getting used to. I am presently using the Logitech MX1000 Lazer. I will eventually give the Mighty Mouse a tryout as it seems to have a lot of nice features.

I like the mighty mouse :P

What i dont like is the keyboard, its tooo narrow lol, ill get used to it eventually

Kace
Nov 18, 2005, 09:58 AM

first of all good on ya for getting the 20"
well as far as the mouse goes, play around with the mouse settings, they seem to be working for me. havent experienced the lag that other people have been talking about. mighty mouse is great, has four buttons that are customizable and their placement is very neat.

sharing your network connection with your pc, dont know exactly what you mean but sharing files can be enabled by going into the system preferences -> sharing and then enable windows sharing.
transferring music from ipod to mac, have never tried a windows configured ipod on a mac. but there are plenty of tools, some free and some shareware. their link can be found
here (http://macs.about.com/od/ipod/a/copy_from_ipod.htm)

use ipod rip. it works for transferring songs/data from a windows conifg ipod to mac and visa versa. its a shareware but allows 10 no limit transfers.

crap freakboy
Nov 18, 2005, 10:16 AM
Increase your mouse speed plus much more with http://www.usboverdrive.com/.

Uma888
Nov 18, 2005, 11:23 AM
ok, iv figured out how to network em and get all my data from pc to mac

I now need to know how i can share my internet connection (TY to the guides)

Heres my setup

PC > Direct connection to Internet Via Nvidia Network Card

mac > Connected to PC via Realtek 1000/100 Network card

Cant figure out how to do this :confused:

Please help

PS: is there a "free" way to transfer my songs to the mac, i have about 4000+ songs