Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphnhelp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
If you go to Safari settings under Passwords you can see all your logins and passwords saved. But it shows the passwords as plain text. Isn't that a security issue? Even on Mac you have to authenticate first. Can't they show them as dots until you click on them or something. Maybe it just hasn't been implemented into the beta yet?

Gogurt48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
If you go to Safari settings under Passwords you can see all your logins and passwords saved. But it shows the passwords as plain text. Isn't that a security issue? Even on Mac you have to authenticate first. Can't they show them as dots until you click on them or something. Maybe it just hasn't been implemented into the beta yet?

If you have a passcode set, you are required to enter it before you can see the passwords.

Attachments

• 2013-08-15 10.55.50.png
    2013-08-15 10.55.50.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 120

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Wow, that is actually rather horrifying. I don't want to set a passcode just to protect passwords found in a setting the I will never view, but I don't want people to have easy access to that info… I guess turning off passwords & autofill is the way to go.

That's a bit disappointing. You should be able to set a master password to view that kind of information.

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
Wow. This is a serious issue that needs to be fixed ASAP. It would be disastrous if millions of passwords were viewable at a glance without owners actually being aware of it. This HAS to be fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.