Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soundhound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
I'm a little confused about this. Can these cards work without an adapter? Do these adapters (Minidrive, Atopop ) work only with particular kinds of sd cards?

I'm wanting to get 64 or 128gigs of additional storage for my Air, but not sure what I need/should get.

Thanks!

mattferg

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2013
SD cards plug into the 13" Air as they are, but stick out about half an inch. What the MiniDrive and stuff do is basically be a stubby Micro-SD (the sort that go in phones) to SD adapter, meaning they can plug into the side of the Air and not stick out. :)

Soundhound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
Thanks! Do any of the cards fit into these adapters, or does it have to be a particular size etc?

SD cards plug into the 13" Air as they are, but stick out about half an inch. What the MiniDrive and stuff do is basically be a stubby Micro-SD (the sort that go in phones) to SD adapter, meaning they can plug into the side of the Air and not stick out. :)

Soundhound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
Thanks. I'm wanting 128 gigs. But it's looking like they only come in regular sd size, not micro. Anybody seen a 128gig micro size sd?

fark

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2013
Thanks. I'm wanting 128 gigs. But it's looking like they only come in regular sd size, not micro. Anybody seen a 128gig micro size sd?

Did you find any on your searches of sites that sell them, e.g., Amazon?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.