Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dedehakan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
I have iphone 5. Updated 1:20 hours ago. Battery is going from 100 to 76. I just listening music. I guess beta 5 is better...

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
I found that itunescloudd was sucking every available CPU cycle. I had to sign out of iCloud completely and then reboot in order to get it to stop. Signing back into iCloud started it right back up again. Even a "reset all settings" didn't help - only signing out of iCloud.

It seems this thing is far from ready for prime time (GM soon? Apple had better rethink that! :rolleyes:). While the UI has been fairly stable including most apps, I've had nothing but problems with anything to do with iCloud, iTunes, the Music app, and syncing. Many of these (especially sync issues) aren't new problems to iOS 7; seems like more than just beta issues, but poor software design in general... :eek:

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
Looks ok to me ... Extensive use music a the time, whatsapp heavy, safari, fb and messages

IMAGE_72.png

dsdevries

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2009
You should follow the steps described on dev center. Install the profile and reset the music library, then restart.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Everyone should really give it a few days (a few cycles) and a restart or two before really seeing anything that would be of any real meaning. And even then we are talking about something that would generally be at least somewhat different for different people in different places and times using their devices in different ways under different conditions.

dedehakan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2013
and exactly 4 hours 28 minutes later I had %2 battery.... I got 7 hours in beta 5

Bazarama

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2013
Mine is on standby for 5 hours usage is 47 mins and at 94%

Agree with a previous post, might take a few cycles before it calms.

B5 for me drained really quickly to start but calmed down after a few days. Eventually getting 1day 12 hours standby and 7 hours usage and down to 12% battery yesterday.

B

NM08SRT8

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
Earf
Mine has been in my pocket since 6:50am from first unplug. I've checked one text, put it to sleep and back into my pocket. As I type this, I'm at 88% at 7:27am.

Jeanloup

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2012
23% with 5 hours of use and 15 hours of standby. A bit crappy but my battery life already sucked with iOS 6.1.4.

novovic

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2013
It's about the same as beta 5... Which is, again, much worse than ios6...

Browsing on WiFi, 1 hour call + couple of viber/sms messages... (In call with screen off, about 3-4% for an hour)..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.