Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Suddenly my music went very low and it sounds like my phone is playing through headphones, except there aren't any headphones plugged in! It's system-wide too, I can make a video if it confuses anyone.

taz79

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2012
Everytime I sync an app from iTunes, the icon and folder got mess up... is there any way to prevent it?

Tezcatlipoca

macrumors regular
May 23, 2012
Cambridge, UK
Don't use iTunes? It does not yet seem to be able to handle iOS7 folders.

You could use auto-downloads so that when you download an app via iTunes, it also gets sent to your device.

Or you could use the App Store on your device and download directly.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Everytime I sync an app from iTunes, the icon and folder got mess up... is there any way to prevent it?

You may want to start a separate thread with a title descriptive of your issue to get more responses. Depending specifically on what issue you're having there are some incompatibilities, e.g., the new bottomless folders and iTunes. There is an iTunes beta for the Mac platform.

TriforceofTime

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2012
Suddenly my music went very low and it sounds like my phone is playing through headphones, except there aren't any headphones plugged in! It's system-wide too, I can make a video if it confuses anyone.

Try restarting the phone. Sometimes I would get this glitch on iOS 5 and 6.

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States

We're assuming you got the config file and did the "Reset Media Library" after d/l beta 6? If yes, and you haven't power-cycled the phone, I'd try that...also, deleting all your apps from your multimedia carousel before the power cycle...one of them could be the culprit. Try 2-3 power cycles (works w/jailbroken phones also). ...back in beta 2 I had an app that was causing location services to stay stuck on, went to location services and turned 'em all off, then back on and the issue was gone (also phone was getting pretty warm). Side note: I jailbroke my iPad last year (1st gen) and it does this jitter thing sometimes after a sync (unlock it and it starts to open but goes to black and starts over again), but if I give it a power cycle, it's fine after that. (Betas are not yet stable, power cycles sometimes help.)

taz79

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2012
What are you talking about? The play button works fine.

Sometimes it stop functioning...when I reboot, it works fine again...but after some time a day, I have to keep rebooting...sometimes you cannot access the control center ... it's weird...everytime I charge to 100%, I have to reboot, otherwise the battery drain so fast ... the reboot time on beta 6 for me taking 2 minutes ... some apps can make my iPhone freeze and I have to do soft reset ...

CHMK

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2012

There is a way. When u click install on the app in itunes, and it starts syncing. Ur folders will get messed up. Immediately, press cancel sync and apple q to quit itunes. Then relaunch itunes and ur phone should Automatically sync. This time the layout will not be messed up.

taz79

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2012
You may want to start a separate thread with a title descriptive of your issue to get more responses. Depending specifically on what issue you're having there are some incompatibilities, e.g., the new bottomless folders and iTunes. There is an iTunes beta for the Mac platform.

Thanks it helps....I don't know there is a new iTunes beta ...

Stanyy

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2013
We're assuming you got the config file and did the "Reset Media Library" after d/l beta 6? If yes, and you haven't power-cycled the phone, I'd try that...also, deleting all your apps from your multimedia carousel before the power cycle...one of them could be the culprit. Try 2-3 power cycles (works w/jailbroken phones also). ...back in beta 2 I had an app that was causing location services to stay stuck on, went to location services and turned 'em all off, then back on and the issue was gone (also phone was getting pretty warm). Side note: I jailbroke my iPad last year (1st gen) and it does this jitter thing sometimes after a sync (unlock it and it starts to open but goes to black and starts over again), but if I give it a power cycle, it's fine after that. (Betas are not yet stable, power cycles sometimes help.)

Does the play button work on other iOS versions with your phone? The play button works fine for me. I suggest you try re-installing the latest beta version which is iOS 7 beta 6

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.