Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 29, 2005
I've always been an Apple fan. Always. And, I've always wanted to meet Steve Jobs. What would you do to get to meet him?

I'd kill. :eek: :p :eek:

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
lilstewart92 said:
I've always been an Apple fan. Always. And, I've always wanted to meet Steve Jobs. What would you do to get to meet him?

:eek::eek:

I wouldn't KILL, but I probably would be willing to get in a line 2+ days early.

Camping out for 48 hours. That's probably it.

/ok ok
//maybe 72
///I can order pizzas over my cell.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I'd get down on my knees...

and beg the lobby receptionist to let me into the building. ;)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Lacero said:
I'd get down on my knees...

to beg the lobby receptionist to let me into the building. ;)

Doesn't work.

/and I ... didn't...
//DID NOT...
///at all... never once..
////DID NOT TRY THAT.
/////No, I didn't beg the security guard.
\wasn't let in

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 29, 2005
Ok, I was exaggerating about killing someone. There 'ought to be another person who is dying to meet Steve Jobs!

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Michigan
From most accounts I've heard, Steve is a real a$$hole. I think the man is doing a good job running Apple and I think their products are getting better under his direction but I have no desire to meet him. If I bumped into him I'd say hi and be polite and thank him for the great products... that's about it though.

L

Lau

If someone said, "Hey, Steve Jobs is over there, do you wanna meet him?" I'd say "Ok, great". But then if someone else said, "Hey, actually, shall we just go for a pint instead?" I would say "Yeah, sod it shall we?" :p

No more bothered than I would be anyone else who would probably be interesting to talk to. I bet he's a bit egotistical, to be honest. (Oooh - the sacrilege!)

edit: heh heh - feakbeak, same opinions, same post times.... :D

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
thinking about that, i'd much rather meet woz given the chance.

and what feakbeak said, i think it's almost all accounts of steve jobs that say he's a complete ass. (re every single biographical book written about him)

Even his biological sister wrote a fictional book loosely based on her brother/Apple that portrayed him as being an ass.

Then again, I have tried sending emails to sjobs@apple.com and got replies :eek: and he (or whoever replies to his emails) said some pretty interesting things :)

RugoseCone

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2002
I was a few feet away from him in San Francisco once. But he had lots of people around him, toadies most likely, and he seemed grumpy. No desire on my part to talk to him in that situation.

deanwaterman

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2005
Minneapolis, Minnesota
lilstewart92 said:

I wouldn't give a dime to see Steve. He is good for Apple, but he puts his jeans on the same way that you and I do.

I watch the videos from the shows he does and I am always surprised that people get worked up about him when he sounds like he is bored with what he is saying.

No disrespect for the man, but we should put things in context. People I would like to meet are those who have made a significant contribution to the world and changed people's lives for the good.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
I think it would be interesting to sit and have a long talk with him, but just to meet him, shake his hand, and gush about Apple? Meh.

I agree with janey. I'd rather meet Woz. Might have to go on one of those Mac cruises they advertise in Macworld.:p

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 29, 2005
Counterfit said:
Uh...
Both ENIAC and Colossus, as well as the ABC predate Stevie boy by more than a decade. ;)

Anyways, I would skip class, maybe call out of work. But I didn't even go through with it to go to the rolling rally, so I doubt I'd do it to see Steve.
Well, Ok. Fine, he made one of the first personal computers. ;)

I think Steve is awesome. I would say "I love you Steve!" exactly like the person did @ WWDC (watch the fist 5 minutes and someone says, "I love you Steve!")

Steve Jobs is my hero :D

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 29, 2005
zelmo said:
I think it would be interesting to sit and have a long talk with him, but just to meet him, shake his hand, and gush about Apple? Meh.

I agree with janey. I'd rather meet Woz. Might have to go on one of those Mac cruises they advertise in Macworld.:p

I was reading my MacWorld magazine the other day, I didn't even know such a thing existed! :D

/plans future trip
//copies katie ta achoo
///laughs
////:D

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
This thread makes me depressed (mabey not the right word) becuase I relize that I have zero chance at meeting him:( . Pobre me. But lets just say Id do alot....;)

Dah reading it sounds dirty... not ment to be

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.