PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 beta 6 STILL no ota update option since beta 2

BigB82
Aug 17, 2013, 12:42 AM
anyone else have this issue, beta 2 was my last OTA, everything else after has been a manual install including beta 6, running att iphone 5 32gb and I wonder how many other people it is like this for?

uscsailor
Aug 17, 2013, 12:50 AM
I updated fine from beta 5 to 6. Make sure you have a registered UDID and are using wifi.

bushido
Aug 17, 2013, 02:46 AM
works fine without udid

janitor3
Aug 17, 2013, 06:59 AM
I've updated to each beta OTA every time, never had a problem.

Jord5i
Aug 17, 2013, 10:29 AM
My iPhone (4s) has been updating without any trouble, my brother (iPhone 5) hasn't had an OTA update since 4, he's stuck on it.

PNutts
Aug 17, 2013, 10:33 AM
It's almost like it isn't finished or something... :rolleyes:

aimee.elizabeth
Aug 17, 2013, 10:44 AM
It's almost like it isn't finished or something... :rolleyes:

Just because betas are finished products doesn't mean OP can't ask questions about bugs that seem very rare. But thank you for your invaluable input.

@OP, maybe it's something wrong with your physical phone? Have you tried a clean install? I've only seen a few people having this problem of not being able to OTA update. Most people (me included) have updated OTA perfectly fine.

gglittle
Aug 17, 2013, 04:36 PM
iPad 3 and 2 on beta 6. Both updated using OTA

BigB82
Aug 17, 2013, 04:38 PM
Is there any way to clean install and keep my text messages call logs and stuff? If so how?

AngerDanger
Aug 17, 2013, 04:50 PM
Just because betas are finished products doesn't mean OP can't ask questions about bugs that seem very rare. But thank you for your invaluable input.

@OP, maybe it's something wrong with your physical phone? Have you tried a clean install? I've only seen a few people having this problem of not being able to OTA update. Most people (me included) have updated OTA perfectly fine.

Exactly! I love how after anybody asks a question, there's always that person who reminds us it's a beta. Since this bug doesn't affect every user, that gives the OP all the more reason to ask a question about it.

OP, I've updated every beta OTA without a problem.

Chazz08
Aug 17, 2013, 04:52 PM
Is there any way to clean install and keep my text messages call logs and stuff? If so how?

I'm pretty sure your backup will restore those onto your phone. Or you can get iExplore and take those off manually, and then put them back on when you are done installing the OS.

fullauto
Aug 17, 2013, 04:52 PM
I had issues with 4 to 5 on and iPad but 5 to 6 worked fine.

CorranQ
Aug 17, 2013, 05:02 PM
Are you sure you have enough space available for the update? If you don't ios 7 won't show the option to proceed with the update. Had this happen on two iPhones recently.

aimee.elizabeth
Aug 17, 2013, 07:08 PM
Are you sure you have enough space available for the update? If you don't ios 7 won't show the option to proceed with the update. Had this happen on two iPhones recently.

Happened to me too, but it does say that you need more space and I think it even gives you the option to view your phone usage and delete things.

BigB82
Aug 17, 2013, 11:08 PM
space has nothing to do with anything cause I have plenty of space, but I DO want to try the iexplorer option.

What you all are saying is do a clean install after backup and than put the text and stuff back manually through iexplorer?