PDA

View Full Version : Squeaking sound from PM Dual 1.8

Chrispy
Nov 18, 2005, 07:08 PM
Hey all. My DP 1.8GHz PowerMac just started making a squeaking sound today... it is clearly a fan squeaking but I can't pin point it. It sounds like it is coming from the fan next to the hard drive but when I stop that fan I can still hear it. I also stopped the other fans for a second to see if it was any of them and it is not. There looks like there may be another fan behind the fan next to the hard drives against the back wall...? Is this the case? If so I think that is where the squeaking is coming from. Has anyone else had this problem before and how did you fix it? Thanks!

Chrispy
Nov 18, 2005, 10:48 PM
I took out the optical and gave the fan a good wipe down and it seems to have stopped for now. Does anyone know where I can find a guide showing to to replace that fan next to the hard drives (just to the left) in the Dual Processor G5s? Also, where can I find that fan if I needed to replace it.

Finally, does anyone know what the round plastic enclusure is behind the fan against the back wall.. its driving me nuts not knowing what that is. Thanks!