Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baileydrain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2013
I just got the new Macbook Air (June 2013), and I need help resetting the profile. When I set up the mac, I entered in someone else's Apple ID to download an app quickly. Now though, for example when I create a new mail account, calendar event, or FaceTime someone, the OS displays information about the Apple ID that I set up the computer with. Is there any way to reset the information without having to reset the user account. My computer runs OS X 10.8.4. Thanks for all the help

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
This should work

Go into System Preferences, Users & Groups

Option there to change your Apple ID.

No idea what will happen to the App you downloaded under the other person’s ID.

baileydrain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2013
Unsuccessful

Maybe I could solve the problem, if I changed the Contacts card for my account. Is there any way to do that?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Maybe I could solve the problem, if I changed the Contacts card for my account. Is there any way to do that?

No... contacts would have nothing to do with it.

Open System Prefs and look in the iCloud pane and se what you have there. I am thinking you have the other users AppleID in there.

baileydrain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2013
Successful

Yep, your right. I don't really use iCloud, and I had no idea it would be there. Thanks for the help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.