PDA

View Full Version : a few questions about iOS7

MVRL
Aug 17, 2013, 06:50 PM
so, anyway, I was wondering if there's a built-in flashlight app in iOS7, and if Siri can activate more apps now. Thanks!

I am not sure if people are familiar with this app called the Automator on the MacBooks, but I use it a lot on my MBP. It basically let's you set up macros very easily. If they were able to integrate that app into iOS7 and add custom speech recognition.. Life would be so amazing.

chabig
Aug 17, 2013, 06:55 PM
Yes! The built-in flashlight is THE killer new feature of iOS 7!! :rolleyes:

BuCkDoG
Aug 17, 2013, 06:58 PM

I wouldn't go that far and say killer, but yes it is a sweet feature.

MVRL
Aug 17, 2013, 07:04 PM

thanks! so I suppose there is one and you could voice activate it?

FreeState
Aug 17, 2013, 07:07 PM
so I suppose there is one and you could voice activate it?

No, its in the new control center, you swipe up from the bottom, regardless what app or lock screen your on and its there. Takes less than a second to get to. Using Siri to turn it on, if it we possible, would take about 10 times as long.

MVRL
Aug 17, 2013, 07:27 PM
No, its in the new control center, you swipe up from the bottom, regardless what app or lock screen your on and its there. Takes less than a second to get to. Using Siri to turn it on, if it we possible, would take about 10 times as long.

that's a shame. I was hoping to be able to say "let there be light!" and it would fire up the flashlight app..

iapplelove
Aug 17, 2013, 07:37 PM
that's a shame. I was hoping to be able to say "let there be light!" and it would fire up the flashlight app..

lol maybe one day iOS will let us set specific tasks to custom phrases but not yet