PDA

View Full Version : Better Gestures for Safari?

BuCkDoG
Aug 17, 2013, 07:54 PM
OSX has a great gesture where you swipe forward or backward with 2 fingers in Safari to either go back or return to webpages. iOS 7 has this feature and its used with just one swipe and sometimes can get annoying with where you position your swipe on the screen. Maybe 2 fingers would make this easier instead of "boxing" in people in the screen? Just a suggestion.

SakuraSuki
Aug 17, 2013, 08:30 PM
OSX has a great gesture where you swipe forward or backward with 2 fingers in Safari to either go back or return to webpages. iOS 7 has this feature and its used with just one swipe and sometimes can get annoying with where you position your swipe on the screen. Maybe 2 fingers would make this easier instead of "boxing" in people in the screen? Just a suggestion.

I would love more gesture for Safari, like draw a circle to refresh the page and draw a down point arrow go to bottom of the page

~Ks383~
Aug 17, 2013, 09:06 PM

That would work well on the iPad but would be awful for one-handed operation of the iPhone.

I would love more gesture for Safari, like draw a circle to refresh the page and draw a down point arrow go to bottom of the page

Something like this would be great though.

BuCkDoG
Aug 17, 2013, 09:36 PM
That would work well on the iPad but would be awful for one-handed operation of the iPhone.

Something like this would be great though.

Yes I agree that would be not effective for 1 hand use. I was just thinking of an option to change the gesture, but yes valid point. The iPad could take good advantage of that though for sure.

~Ks383~
Aug 17, 2013, 09:46 PM
Yes I agree that would be not effective for 1 hand use. I was just thinking of an option to change the gesture, but yes valid point. The iPad could take good advantage of that though for sure.

An option to change the gesture would be great. I could see myself using that gesture instead of the edge swipe on my iPad.

Defender2010
Aug 18, 2013, 04:06 AM

It is rather easy to move back and forward actually. You just have to swipe from the edge of the screen. It's really nothing to do with "boxing" people in. Just swipe deliberately and purposefully from the edge. It doesn't matter where on the screen (vertically) you swipe as long as it starts at the edge. Simple. Doubt this needed a thread by itself.

Shuri
Aug 18, 2013, 04:59 AM

Actually the way it is in iOS 7 now makes much more sense to me:

On OS X you scroll through webpages with two fingers, since you're moving the cursor with one. And when you scroll to the very left of the webpage and keep on scrolling you move to the last page - with two fingers.

On iOS there is no cursor, so you scroll with only one finger; there is no need to differentiating between cursor movement and page scrolling. And now iOS behaves the same way as OS X does; it needs the same amount of fingers to perform going backwards and scrolling.

Springsteen
Aug 18, 2013, 05:33 AM
How in gods name would you draw a downwards arrow on an iPad without having it being recognized as a scroll?

BuCkDoG
Aug 18, 2013, 06:52 AM
It is rather easy to move back and forward actually. You just have to swipe from the edge of the screen. It's really nothing to do with "boxing" people in. Just swipe deliberately and purposefully from the edge. It doesn't matter where on the screen (vertically) you swipe as long as it starts at the edge. Simple. Doubt this needed a thread by itself.

I understand it is rather easy to do it, I never mentioned it was difficult. I was just stating that there could possibly be a better option to do it. The reason why I say "boxing" in is because sometimes with one hand, you don't always tend to scroll in the middle of the screen and sometimes become lazy and scroll left or right of the middle which tends to pull out or advance the previous page. Granted this is a beta OS, but just stating the option. No need to try to bash the thread for being created.