PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero for the PS2

zelmo
Nov 18, 2005, 10:47 PM
I picked this game up the other night, and it is immensely fun. If you ever picked up a tennis racket for a little air guitar Eddie Van Halen action, you'll dig Guitar Hero. The song selection is equal parts classic rock, metal god, and modern rock. All the songs are covers, but the people doing the singing worked really hard to sound like the real thing. Not perfect, but close enough to not annoy you the way only a cheesy wedding band cover can annoy.
As Ferris says, "If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

I've got to have my friends over for a drunken air guitar festival. :)

8.5/10

Tommyg117
Nov 18, 2005, 11:48 PM
I just got that game too! Its amazing! I loved Amplitude and Frequency and its the same thing just with a sweet guitar controller! Anyone who ever wants to or DOES play guitar will love this game. get it.

TDM21
Nov 19, 2005, 12:55 AM
I saw this game on DigitalLife TV. They gave it really good reviews. If I played my PS2 more I would probably buy this game.

DISCOMUNICATION
Feb 27, 2006, 10:28 PM
I was just googling some of my friends. I completely forgot one of them told me he was working on this game sometime ago. Now I have to buy it.

wwooden
Feb 27, 2006, 11:13 PM
My roommate bought this a couple months ago, really is an awesome game. I never really got into DDR or the such, but this game is great. You really do feel like you're playing the songs, even though you only have 5 notes. I have almost beat the game, only have the last two songs on Expert to go, but the kick my butt every time, I barely get through 10%. Definitely recommend this game to anyone, it is a great party game as well.

Deefuzz
Feb 28, 2006, 07:06 AM
It is a very fun game, though I have only had the chance to play it drunk with friends over (I tend to be rather busy) so it gets really hard...but fun! :D

PharmD
Feb 28, 2006, 09:34 AM
I picked this game up last weekend. Loads of fun. My wife even like to jam.