PDA

View Full Version : Will iOS 7 run better on iPhone 5S??

Krissypantz2828
Aug 18, 2013, 05:48 AM
I just bought the iPhone 5 not too long ago, and it seems every time I buy an apple product they come out with a new one not too long after- to be expected, or Im just late in buying them. Either way, I just wanted to know how much of a difference in the look and feel will iOS 7 be with the newer phone. Of course none of us really know, but to speculate- what do you guys think?

Should we all just throw in the towel and buy the iPhone 5S then? Unrealistic for some! I love how iOS 7 is on my phone but compared to the new one- who knows!

Other than speed in general, I hope its not too much of a difference.

maflynn
Aug 18, 2013, 05:50 AM
Of course it will run better on a 5S, the 5S will have better faster components. That's not to say that iOS7 on a 5 is going to be awful but newer is almost always faster

bandofbrothers
Aug 18, 2013, 05:51 AM
Pure speculation right now as you say.

All depends what Apple put under the hood of the iPhone 5s/6.

matttye
Aug 18, 2013, 06:33 AM
I think Apple are going to try something different this year and the new phone will be slower!

;)

clukas
Aug 18, 2013, 07:28 AM
Almost probably will run faster on new iPhone this year. Whilst this is pure speculation, the new iPhone is very likely to get faster components, which will simply make iOS 7 run faster.

chakfun
Aug 18, 2013, 07:50 AM
Using A7 chip in iPhone 5S

bushido
Aug 18, 2013, 07:53 AM
I just bought the iPhone 5 not too long ago, and it seems every time I buy an apple product they come out with a new one not too long after- to be expected, or Im just late in buying them. Either way, I just wanted to know how much of a difference in the look and feel will iOS 7 be with the newer phone. Of course none of us really know, but to speculate- what do you guys think?

Should we all just throw in the towel and buy the iPhone 5S then? Unrealistic for some! I love how iOS 7 is on my phone but compared to the new one- who knows!

no they will downgrade it to the A4 and run it on 512mb instead with a 4mp camera .. :rolleyes:

tymaster50
Aug 18, 2013, 07:54 AM
OP that was a common sense question lol, it's like asking if a runner or a sprinter will finish a 50 ft race first

LostSoul80
Aug 18, 2013, 01:22 PM
It will work just fine on the iPhone 5S, but you'll experience stutterings, crashes, and problems in almost every animation in your device.

Krissypantz2828
Aug 18, 2013, 01:42 PM
I know it was a dumb question lol I was hoping all the answers would have been no! :P so I wouldn't have to buy the new one soon.

veneto
Aug 18, 2013, 01:47 PM
Of course it will run better on a 5S, the 5S will have better faster components.

Or so they say...

Fzang
Aug 18, 2013, 01:57 PM
Hopefully it won't slow the iPhone 5 to a crawl. I've been quite happy with the speed of this device.

matttye
Aug 18, 2013, 01:59 PM
Hopefully it won't slow the iPhone 5 to a crawl. I've been quite happy with the speed of this device.

Same here, it's blazing fast.

Fastest, smoothest UI I've seen on ANY device.

!GS51!
Aug 18, 2013, 01:59 PM
So you have iPhone 5 and think iOS 7 is going to run slow ? u have iOS 7 installed on ur 5 how does it feel ? the 5S will have faster hardware but the difference in speed will be barely noticeable in my opinion. The UI will not lag on both of em and the normal tasks that you do on ur 5 wont be hindered by iOS 7. If your still willing to update to the 5S thats ur decesion but know this you will barely notice a speed difference

Commy1
Aug 18, 2013, 02:08 PM
The only reason a new iPhone wouldn't run faster than the last is if it was the same phone repackaged. Like some people believe the iPhone 5C will turn out with iP5 internals in a plastic chassis.
But the bottom line is that the A6 processor is a little beast, at 1.2GHz it'll handle quite a lot for awhile. I wonder if the iPhone 5S will be running a brand new chip or they'll just throw the A6X in it, not sure the form factor of the A6X vs. the A6. Hmmm

paulcdb
Aug 19, 2013, 08:15 AM
I know it was a dumb question lol I was hoping all the answers would have been no! :P so I wouldn't have to buy the new one soon.

Why would you have to buy a new one? The 5 won't suddenly stop working just because the 5S comes out. :rolleyes:

c0LdFire
Aug 19, 2013, 08:48 AM
So you have iPhone 5 and think iOS 7 is going to run slow ? u have iOS 7 installed on ur 5 how does it feel ? the 5S will have faster hardware but the difference in speed will be barely noticeable in my opinion. The UI will not lag on both of em and the normal tasks that you do on ur 5 wont be hindered by iOS 7. If your still willing to update to the 5S thats ur decesion but know this you will barely notice a speed difference

Are you trying to convince him, or yourself? You almost sound like you're trying to justify your own lack of wanting to upgrade..

!GS51!
Aug 19, 2013, 09:01 AM
Are you trying to convince him, or yourself? You almost sound like you're trying to justify your own lack of wanting to upgrade..

Im trying to tell him the facts, and im not justifying my own lack of anything. And i will be upgrading if the 5C is to be released i wont be getting a 5S.

Krissypantz2828
Aug 22, 2013, 07:57 PM
Edit

teknikal90
Aug 22, 2013, 08:00 PM

You mean so daddy wouldn't have to buy you the new one soon?
I kid I kid......

cmichaelb
Aug 22, 2013, 10:38 PM
I just bought the iPhone 5 not too long ago, and it seems every time I buy an apple product they come out with a new one not too long after- to be expected, or I'm just late in buying them. Either way, I just wanted to know how much of a difference in the look and feel will iOS 7 be with the newer phone. Of course none of us really know, but to speculate- what do you guys think?

Well if Apple follows their pattern from the last 5 years, the new model will have a new chipset.

Upgraded CPU/GPU so iOS 7 should be a bit more responsive but other than that, and iPhone 5 should run it perfectly fine. Even my 4S runs the betas pretty well.

Buyer's Guide (http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/)

atlatnesiti
Aug 23, 2013, 12:58 AM
OP that was a common sense question lol, it's like asking if a runner or a sprinter will finish a 50 ft race first
Is the correct answer runner? It is isn't it...
What did I won?

uhaas
Aug 23, 2013, 07:10 AM
I think Apple are going to try something different this year and the new phone will be slower!

;)

Can't innovate my ass!

mavis
Aug 23, 2013, 04:26 PM
Or so they say...

And you think there's even a slight chance Apple will release an "S" model phone without bumping the specs? Why would anyone buy it?

It's not a matter of rumor or speculation - the 5S will be faster than the iPhone 5. Period.