Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
It's not a major bug but still, there is no reason it should have been like that in the first place.

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
I've noticed when you turn on Reduced Motion (Parallax), the wallpapers are not scaled larger or zoomed in.

I have reduced motion turn on, the whole 3D parallax FX looks too cheesy to me. Panoramas is work with this reduced motion turned on.

Best example would be to sync this wallpaper and give it shot to see what I mean.

Attachments

• Home Screen 3.jpg
    Home Screen 3.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 94

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I've noticed when you turn on Reduced Motion (Parallax), the wallpapers are not scaled larger or zoomed in.

I have reduced motion turn on, the whole 3D parallax FX looks too cheesy to me. Panoramas is work with this reduced motion turned on.

Best example would be to sync this wallpaper and give it shot to see what I mean.

That's because that wallpaper isn't a photo, it's a gradient. Try a photo of someone or thing and you'll see it.

jonesie9

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2013
Wallpaper darker on top

If the top of my wallpaper is a lighter color but not light enough to change the color of the lock screen time from white to black, it darkens the top portion of my photo to make the white stand out more. Is anyone else experiencing this?

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
That's because that wallpaper isn't a photo, it's a gradient. Try a photo of someone or thing and you'll see it.

If I really need to show visual examples to explain the things I say to ppl.

The wallpaper is actually composed for iOS6's status bar colour changes.

A) Reduced Motion Turned off Pic 1 & 2

B) Reduced Motion Turned On Pic 3 & 4

Notice the differences with the status bar area that has changed? You can actually see the wallpaper zoomed in for Reduced Motion turned off by the gradients too.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.PNG
    IMG_0005.PNG
    52.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0003.PNG
    IMG_0003.PNG
    383.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0006.PNG
    IMG_0006.PNG
    50.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0004.PNG
    IMG_0004.PNG
    381.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
If I really need to show visual examples to explain the things I say to ppl.

The wallpaper is actually composed for iOS6's status bar colour changes.

A) Reduced Motion Turned off Pic 1 & 2

B) Reduced Motion Turned On Pic 3 & 4

Notice the differences with the status bar area that has changed? You can actually see the wallpaper zoomed in for Reduced Motion turned off by the gradients too.

Reduce Motion is turned on for me and it's still zoomed in dawg.

Di4mondz

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2012
Images need to be zoomed in so that the parallax will work. Without zooming in, the parallax will just show nothing but black. I think that someone should find a resolution that is perfect to show the center of an image you are looking for and enough for parallax.

Like I said before, beta 4 or 3 had incredibly zoomed in images for parallax. That is why I said beta 4 or 5 had it fixed.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Images need to be zoomed in so that the parallax will work. Without zooming in, the parallax will just show nothing but black. I think that someone should find a resolution that is perfect to show the center of an image you are looking for and enough for parallax.

Like I said before, beta 4 or 3 had incredibly zoomed in images for parallax. That is why I said beta 4 or 5 had it fixed.

we're all aware of that.................
what OP is saying is apple should make the wallpapers at that perfect resolution you mentioned.
I concur.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Mine are way zoomed in also. And as I said before. It wasn't like that for me at least in the first few betas. Seems to be an oversight. Or maybe Apple is doing something new with the wallpapers. And as others have said. We need to find the proper format where pictures do not have that problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.