PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 and Charging Cases

richard6r
Aug 18, 2013, 12:20 PM
Hey guys, since it hasn't been mentioned a lot I will go through my story and then ask, does your "unauthorized" charging case still work with iOS 7?

I've had a Mophie for my iPhone 4 but then since I can't use it, I gave it to my girlfriend and she loves it. I had forgotten how useful it was so I went on amazon and bought a third party case "PowerBot TNT 2201" for my iPhone 5. It charges iOS for about three minutes and then times out effectively making it useless unless I want to press the button every time it stops. Apple's changed the charging aspect for these kinds of cases.

Input is appreciated guys. Thanks.

illyb2000
Aug 18, 2013, 01:01 PM
Mines didn't work but now it does; just a wee third party one from eBay. Started working about beta 4 I think; I had mailed a bug report about it.

richard6r
Aug 18, 2013, 01:16 PM
I restored back to iOS 6.1.4 and the case has remained "on" and charging, so now that I know that it isn't the case itself I'll restore to iOS and see if it still works.

Maybe a fresh restore will fix it. Thanks for the post.

illyb2000
Aug 18, 2013, 03:42 PM
Cheers let us know

richard6r
Aug 18, 2013, 06:56 PM
It works after the restore. Thanks :D Others are welcome to chime in.

HeyKatie
Aug 18, 2013, 08:40 PM
I have an iPower case for my 4S and it works perfectly fine with iOS 7.

richard6r
Aug 18, 2013, 10:41 PM
I feel as if apple should remove the annoying "unauthorized charging" banner that pops up whenever I plug in my case and use it. It's extremely unnecessary to warn me that I bought a third party case.