Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richard6r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Hey guys, since it hasn't been mentioned a lot I will go through my story and then ask, does your "unauthorized" charging case still work with iOS 7?

I've had a Mophie for my iPhone 4 but then since I can't use it, I gave it to my girlfriend and she loves it. I had forgotten how useful it was so I went on amazon and bought a third party case "PowerBot TNT 2201" for my iPhone 5. It charges iOS for about three minutes and then times out effectively making it useless unless I want to press the button every time it stops. Apple's changed the charging aspect for these kinds of cases.

Input is appreciated guys. Thanks.

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
Mines didn't work but now it does; just a wee third party one from eBay. Started working about beta 4 I think; I had mailed a bug report about it.

richard6r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
I restored back to iOS 6.1.4 and the case has remained "on" and charging, so now that I know that it isn't the case itself I'll restore to iOS and see if it still works.

Maybe a fresh restore will fix it. Thanks for the post.

richard6r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
I feel as if apple should remove the annoying "unauthorized charging" banner that pops up whenever I plug in my case and use it. It's extremely unnecessary to warn me that I bought a third party case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.