PDA

View Full Version : Would you like iOS 7 on the new gold iPhone 5s?

sero323
Aug 18, 2013, 08:40 PM
Very simple. Don't forget to answer the poll also

WhackyNinja
Aug 18, 2013, 08:44 PM
http://images.wikia.com/glee/images/7/7a/NO_GOD_PLEASE_NO.gif

Zerilos
Aug 18, 2013, 08:58 PM
We haven't actually seen a finished gold 5s yet, so it's difficult to answer this question. My suspicion is that I wouldn't want a gold phone regardless if it's running iOS 7 or 6. I think it's probably a good idea for Apple to offer the gold option, but black is currently my favorite option.

WhackyNinja
Aug 18, 2013, 09:12 PM
We haven't actually seen a finished gold 5s yet, so it's difficult to answer this question. My suspicion is that I wouldn't want a gold phone regardless if it's running iOS 7 or 6. I think it's probably a good idea for Apple to offer the gold option, but black is currently my favorite option.

But why gold. Out of all the colors we know. WHY GOLD?! Why not Red, Blue, or even Green! Why "Gooold"

I mean if they want to release a Gold color...fine thats FINE. But JUST gold, they can't provide other color options to go along with gold?

ionjohn
Aug 18, 2013, 09:16 PM
But why gold. Out of all the colors we know. WHY GOLD?! Why not Red, Blue, or even Green! Why "Gooold"

I mean if they want to release a Gold color...fine thats FINE. But JUST gold, they can't provide other color options to go along with gold?

Blue...

WhackyNinja
Aug 18, 2013, 09:19 PM
Blue...

If Apple gives us a Blue or Red 5S. I will line up for that phone. I would LOVE one of those colors on my iPhone. Too bad Apple chose....GOLD

D1G1T4L
Aug 18, 2013, 09:22 PM
I wouldn't like iOS 6 on a gold iPhone 5s either.

j4zb4
If Apple gives us a Blue or Red 5S. I will line up for that phone. I would LOVE one of those colors on my iPhone. Too bad Apple chose....GOLD

Maybe the Gold is to target Dubai, the Middle East and the rest of the bling loving market... Considering its apple I'm sure they'll make it a classy gold... Let's at least wait for the announcement... :p

robertpetry
There is a creative Dr. Seuss-like response to "Would you like iOS 7 on the new gold iPhone 5s?" Something based on Green Eggs and Ham. I'm too tired to come up with it though. Anyone willing to help?

WhackyNinja
Aug 18, 2013, 09:25 PM
Maybe the Gold is to target Dubai, the Middle East and the rest of the bling loving market... Considering its apple I'm sure they'll make it a classy gold... Let's at least wait for the announcement... :p

The day of the announcement...if they announce the gold iPhone 5S. This is going to be me...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/cf239c90cf04a27cae7303c3e6683717/tumblr_mqip36UiMA1sbfwapo1_250.gif

I will cry for Apple.

j4zb4
Aug 18, 2013, 09:39 PM
The day of the announcement...if they announce the gold iPhone 5S. This is going to be me...

Image (http://24.media.tumblr.com/cf239c90cf04a27cae7303c3e6683717/tumblr_mqip36UiMA1sbfwapo1_250.gif)

I will cry for Apple.

I c'mon now... You're being extra melodramatic now... :p

WhackyNinja
Aug 18, 2013, 09:48 PM
I c'mon now... You're being extra melodramatic now... :p

Ok I was just kidding but still

iRetired
Aug 18, 2013, 09:50 PM
This sounds like Apple is catering to the Vertu crowd. But OTOH, I love my gold and black anodized Motorola Razr V3xx.

engelke2010
Aug 18, 2013, 09:54 PM
Gold would be kinda nice, but I really want a RED one!

Armen
Aug 18, 2013, 10:07 PM

Gold has always been an international symbol of wealth and luxury. If Apple does indeed release a gold version of the iPhone 5S there is demand for it. Google image search "gold iPhone". Lots of 3rd party companies offer gold iPhones. It's not that far fetched (although I wouldn't get one personally).

VSMacOne
Aug 19, 2013, 08:10 AM
The mock-up that iMore did of the Champagne iPhone looks really really good. The white and silver looked to girly for me personally, but I think the champagne colored one might be my first white iPhone.

Sodner
Aug 19, 2013, 08:21 AM
Dumb poll but what the hey, I'm bored.

I have been using iOS 7 since Beta 2 and like it a lot. Have no issues with the new look. It's a improvement on iOS 6.

As far as the gold/champagne phone..... Though I have zero issue with Apple offering a 3rd color choice. That color is simply not for me. After 4 black iPhone's I am hoping I have enough nerve to get the white one this time around.

veneto
Aug 19, 2013, 08:25 AM
I would not like it on my phone,

if it was gold if, it was stone.

I would not like it with champagne,

or in the rain, or on a train.

No I would not like it here or there.

I would not like it anywhere.

zbarvian
Aug 19, 2013, 08:32 AM
Having iOS 7 on the gold iPhone 5S will be the same as having it on a white 5/5S. The front will be white, only the sides and backplate will be "champagne."

Enmanuel
Aug 19, 2013, 09:07 AM

Gold is not a color, that┤s why. in terms of metals and ĘcolorĘgold is the opposite to silver, so it would still be a neutral material in a way and would keep in line with the flagship model being premium. painting something to make it look better would fall in line more with the line of thought behind lower cost products like the 5C.

sagar4995
Aug 19, 2013, 09:24 AM
Yes.

dhlizard
Aug 19, 2013, 09:30 AM
This is one of those threads in which the threadstarter assumes because he/she likes the idea of a gold phone and likes the UI of iOS7 that everyone else feels the same.

These threads are always a FAIL !

abshole765
Aug 19, 2013, 11:19 AM
You'd have to pay me to carry around a gold phone.

heutusops
Aug 19, 2013, 11:21 AM
NO. the gold color option would be the most yuck color addition.

HenryJobs
Aug 19, 2013, 11:34 AM
If Steve were still around, I have no doubt that he would exact brutal revenge on anyone who even mentioned a gold iPhone. When was the last time gold looked good on anything, 1970? And with the new purple-teal look of ios 7, gold is going to look simply disgusting.

Although gold does represent old, tasteless wealth, which might just be the way apple is going.

marvz
Aug 19, 2013, 11:55 AM
The color isn't gold!!! Why is everyone saying gold -.-

Champagne is the closest.

haydn!
Aug 19, 2013, 11:57 AM
No. But had it come in the metallic blue used on the iPod Touch line up, I'd buy 2! :)

jbenkelman
Aug 19, 2013, 11:58 AM
The newest pictures of the Gold iPhone make it look alot classier than the very yellow gold mockups we have been seeing. I think that if they are going to do gold, that there will be alot of time and thought put into the shade of gold they do, and it will look fine.

Its simply another option. If you prefer the black and white...why care who is getting the gold? Its personal preference. I like that they are giving more options.

iCarabma
Aug 19, 2013, 12:09 PM
I, too, hate that thing nobody has seen and is rumored to exist based on my preconceived notions and sloppy photoshops!!!

Come everyone, pitchforks! Let's get em!!!

BvizioN
Aug 19, 2013, 12:15 PM
MacRumours forum users saying NO to something they have not seen it yet? Shocking!!

AngerDanger
Aug 19, 2013, 12:17 PM
I didn't vote because the poll asks a loaded question. My opinion of iOS 7 is irrelevant; it's the phone's color that's in question. I don't like the idea of a gold iPhone, so any OS would look bad on it IMO.

MacRumours forum users saying NO to something they have not seen it yet? Shocking!!

I haven't seen what my stomach contents look like, but if somebody asked me if I wanted to, I'd still say no. We're making estimates based on prior knowledge and personal taste; I think that's sufficient considering all this poll asks for are our opinions.

hazuki
Aug 19, 2013, 12:42 PM
absolutely yes
gold color, like no other :cool:

robertpetry
Aug 19, 2013, 12:48 PM
I would not like it on my phone,

if it was gold if, it was stone.

I would not like it with champagne,

or in the rain, or on a train.

No I would not like it here or there.

I would not like it anywhere.

Thanks!! That is basically what I was looking for.

KdParker
Aug 19, 2013, 01:09 PM
Of course the new iPhone 5s...(gold or whatever) will run iOS 7.

What are you gonna do...buy the new phone and then down grade the operating system?

adildacoolset
Aug 19, 2013, 01:10 PM

Image (http://24.media.tumblr.com/cf239c90cf04a27cae7303c3e6683717/tumblr_mqip36UiMA1sbfwapo1_250.gif)

I will cry for Apple.

Jeez, it's just a colour. Choose another one if you don't like it. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. And don't give the "apple is doomed" crap. The poll proves that it will still lures a lot of people.

Talk about being self-centered...

KdParker
Aug 19, 2013, 01:13 PM
You'd have to pay me to carry around a gold phone.

or give it to me for free...I would carry it then.

Zimmy68
Aug 19, 2013, 01:19 PM
No, I want iOS8 on my Gold iPhone.

The man who said there are no stupid questions, well...

lulla01
Aug 19, 2013, 01:20 PM
I wish it was gold and black

WhackyNinja
Aug 19, 2013, 01:35 PM
Jeez, it's just a colour. Choose another one if you don't like it. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. And don't give the "apple is doomed" crap. The poll proves that it will still lures a lot of people.

Talk about being self-centered...

Did you READ what I even put earlier. Im not mad about gold. If they want to give out gold iPhone thats FINE but offer OTHER colors along with it.. not just gold.

abshole765
Aug 19, 2013, 01:47 PM
or give it to me for free...I would carry it then.

I'll do that if you buy it for me.

C DM
Aug 19, 2013, 01:52 PM
So...what exactly is this about? If a gold iPhone 5S (or whatever its name is going to be) is going to be released, clearly the only choice of OS that will be available for it at the time will be iOS 7. What does asking whether or not you'd like it have anything to do with reality and the fact that it can't be changed?

This is like asking if someone would like today to be yesterday instead...pointless.

myevilclone
Aug 19, 2013, 02:22 PM
I would love to see a gold iPhone! In fact, on my iPhone I use some gold for my phone case/accessories, and I think it looks good (you guy can decide with my photos). That said, I think that it needs to be done correctly. White and gold tend to be two colors that are fit very well with each other, and given that white is the predominant color for iOS7 it would fit in perfectly! But the gold needs to accent the piece rather than take over. If it's the whole aluminum piece being gold/champagne, it might be overkill (I would have made the whole back piece just white glass and then make the band gold). But I'm sure Apple knows what they're doing. I would have loved it to be a rose gold though... :p

sero323
Aug 19, 2013, 05:04 PM
This is one of those threads in which the threadstarter assumes because he/she likes the idea of a gold phone and likes the UI of iOS7 that everyone else feels the same.

These threads are always a FAIL !

I'm actually one of those who voted No and think that the gold will not look good with iOS 7. So next time don't ASSUME.

----------

No, I want iOS8 on my Gold iPhone.

The man who said there are no stupid questions, well...

The question doesn't ask whether you WANT iOS 7 on it. It is whether you would "LIKE" iOS 7 on it.

----------

You haven't seen iOS 7? You haven't seen mock ups of the Gold iPhone?

ReallyOldGuy
Aug 19, 2013, 05:44 PM
For those that read some of the articles associated with the "gold" phone this "color" is not primarily for the US market. It is probably aimed at the Asian markets to get them to step up from the 5C and spend more money.

Rogifan
Aug 19, 2013, 06:13 PM
Sure why not? I'll have my own wallpaper in it and icons in folders (like I do with iOS 6).

----------

The color isn't gold!!! Why is everyone saying gold -.-

Champagne is the closest.

Because gold sounds worse and therefore will generate more page views.