PDA

View Full Version : Will the Nano see an iOS 7 touch-up?

TriWinning
Aug 18, 2013, 10:27 PM
Will the iPod Nano see some sort of iOS 7 minimalist refresh?
The iPod Nano runs it's own proprietary software, not iOS, and has a smaller and lower resolution screen. However, as it's software is already obviously heavily influenced by earlier versions of iOS, will Apple release a 'touch-up' update to align the two user experiences? Clearly, from the lack of any beta releases this will not be imminent, but will it happen at all?

Apple could even choose not to overhaul the OS, but could fix eyesores like the settings menus.
http://images.apple.com/ipod-nano/images/overview_accessibility_3.jpg

TL;DR
What will Apple do with the Nano OS?
Do nothing - copy and paste an iOS7 look - or piecemeal a combination?

What do you think?

SakuraSuki
Aug 18, 2013, 10:31 PM
Will the iPod Nano see some sort of iOS 7 minimalist refresh?
The iPod Nano runs it's own proprietary software, not iOS, and has a smaller and lower resolution screen. However, as it's software is already obviously heavily influenced by earlier versions of iOS, will Apple release a 'touch-up' update to align the two user experiences? Clearly, from the lack of any beta releases this will not be imminent, but will it happen at all?

Apple could even choose not to overhaul the OS, but could fix eyesores like the settings menus.
Image (http://images.apple.com/ipod-nano/images/overview_accessibility_3.jpg)

TL;DR
What will Apple do with the Nano OS?
Do nothing - copy and paste an iOS7 look - or piecemeal a combination?

What do you think?

Does Nano ever gets software update? I would think next nano will have flat UI

jav6454
Aug 18, 2013, 10:31 PM
Doubtful. If anything the nano will go as a video recorder once again.

Fzang
Aug 19, 2013, 08:10 AM
Unlikely. iPods with Non-iOS software are pretty much abandoned the minute they're released.

Cougarcat
Aug 19, 2013, 08:55 AM
I'm sure it will, and they might even show it off at the iPhone event as they've announced iPods there in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if it's limited to the new iPods, though.