PDA

View Full Version : Why spotligth listing deleted message

dedehakan
Aug 19, 2013, 12:42 AM
Hi,
I just discover that We can find our DELETED message on spotlight(not recover, just list);
Follow these step:

First read a word in message which you want to delete.
Delete message
Make sure there is no listed in messages.
Make sure message is checked in settings of spotlight(Settings -> General->spotlight-> check message.)
open spotlight and write word
go for "Messages" section. And ta ta taam your message there...

I dont want to list my deleted message. Why Spotlight listing these message? Is IOS actually not delete them?

I tested IOS 6.1.4 and IOS 7 beta 5, beta 6....

And lastly, Sorry for my typing language, English is not my first language.

panar
Aug 19, 2013, 06:26 AM
Hello, I think it need some time to re build the index for the spotlight.
Try again in a couple of hours and see what happens.

C DM
Aug 19, 2013, 01:43 PM
Try restarting the phone too.

Geckotek
Aug 19, 2013, 01:52 PM
Because search in many mail clients includes the "Deleted Items" folder.

C DM
Aug 19, 2013, 02:04 PM
Because search in many mail clients includes the "Deleted Items" folder.Fairly sure this is in relation to Messages (as in SMS, MMS, iMessage, etc.) and not email--there's no Deleted Items, Trash, or anything like that for those.

FreeState
Aug 19, 2013, 02:29 PM
Fairly sure this is in relation to Messages (as in SMS, MMS, iMessage, etc.) and not email--there's no Deleted Items, Trash, or anything like that for those.

As far as I understand it when you delete text messages they are not fully removed from your phone until the next time you sync it. (This makes it possible to extract messages that have accidentally been erased via your backup).

meah
Aug 20, 2013, 03:03 AM
I had to check the forum rules before posting this reply.
First, check the laws in your state/country to see if jailbreaking is legal where you live. If so...

Jailbreak your device. Go to http://jailbrea.kr
Get software to browse the files on your device. I recommend iExplorer for Mac or PC; You may also get iFile for iPhone, iPod, or iPad on the Cydia store.
Use the software and navigate to ROOT/var/mobile/Library/Spotlight/com.apple.MobileSMS
Delete the three files inside the folder.
Reboot your device.

jtfolden
Aug 20, 2013, 09:29 PM
This has been the case for some time and a restart of the iPhone (or a hard reset) will remove them from the search index.