PDA

View Full Version : New PowerBook won't power up.

chano
Nov 19, 2005, 10:24 AM
Hey all.

I've had a new powerbook (with lines) for about 2 weeks now and it's been running great. Last night i started having the battery issue (says it's charged, but unplug the ac adapter and you have about 5 minutes of battery life) and NOW it won't start up with the ac adapter or not.
I've reset the PMU....
I get no start up chime, no HD or optical drive noises, nothing... Any ideas??

thanks!

chaos86
Nov 19, 2005, 10:38 AM
genius bar. sounds like DSAA (dead shortly after arrival).

PDE
Nov 19, 2005, 10:39 AM
Hey all.

I've had a new powerbook (with lines) for about 2 weeks now and it's been running great. Last night i started having the battery issue (says it's charged, but unplug the ac adapter and you have about 5 minutes of battery life) and NOW it won't start up with the ac adapter or not.
I've reset the PMU....
I get no start up chime, no HD or optical drive noises, nothing... Any ideas??

thanks!

I got my second powerbook the other day from amazon and everything seemed fine until yesterday (=for one day) when the battery died in the same way as yours. I decided to return the powerbook, ask for a refund and just wait until all this is sorted out.

Judging from reports though,it seems as if the battery is faulty rather than the machine. A call to apple will probably give you a new battery and solve the problem

Good luck!

chano
Nov 19, 2005, 10:47 AM
thanks all... kind of reconfirmed my suspicions. oh well. Luckily not my only computer.