PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Radio problem with repeats..

FLYING SE7EN
Aug 19, 2013, 01:22 PM
I keep running into a problem with iTunes Radio playing a nice mix of songs when I first set up a station, but after about 10 to 15 songs, it starts to repeat the last 10 or so songs. Sometimes it'll repeat a song after only one other song has played. It's really annoying. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this just a bug from the iOS beta, or is a bug in iTunes Radio itself? Is there a way to fix it?

I did a search in this forum and the beta bug threads and couldn't find anything pertaining to this particular bug....

J.

Tammster
Aug 19, 2013, 02:37 PM
Yes, I've noticed that too.

FLYING SE7EN
Aug 20, 2013, 07:54 AM
Well it's nice to know I'm not the only one. Still a PITA. hope it gets fixed in the next beta.

WJKramer
Aug 20, 2013, 08:09 AM
Trust me it's even worse on iTunes 11.1 beta 2.....Repeats. Songs will skip continuously only remedied with a restart. Commercials included with iTunes Match. Stations stop playing randomly. Far from a polished service....must be in Beta! :)

Does anyone want to take a stab at the stream quality? I have a pretty good ear and it sounds like 160kbps AAC to me. Was hoping for at least 256. Kinda disappointing.

VSMacOne
Aug 20, 2013, 08:33 AM
My iTunes radio in iTunes for Mac goes crazy after so many songs and then I have to restart iTunes to get it to work again. I'm also experiencing all kinds of issues on my iPhone as well, which makes me believe the real issue might be on the backend. I've seen improvements over the summer so I'm pretty sure they're still ironing things out for the official reveal.

noty
Sep 19, 2013, 01:26 AM
So I'm using iTunes Radio for the first time tonight and it's not making a very goos first impression. I'm getting songs repeated one right after the other. If I skip the repeated song it will be okay for a while and then do the same thing again. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this in iTunes 11.1?

Hold Fast
Sep 19, 2013, 07:37 AM
I'm using iTunes Radio and it actually repeated a song after I selected "Never Play This Song," right after it finished playing! Definitely some bugs that need to be worked out.

It would be nice for iTunes Radio to skip to the next song after I tell it to never play a song rather than having to wait it out. I am an iTunes Match subscriber and that would be a nice benefit to have.

Bob Coxner
Sep 19, 2013, 10:00 AM
My problem is stations that simply stop working. I click on them and nothing at all happens. It happens both on my desktop iTunes/Windows 8 and my iPod Touch with the same stations. In other words, a station that works on Windows also works on the Touch and ones that don't work on Windows don't work on the Touch.

My Macbook Air doesn't seem to know that I've selected stations previously on the desktop, although the Touch did, and it's blank for stations. I sub to Match and I thought it was supposed to sync things. I've signed in and out on iTunes on all machines but no joy.

Another serious irritation is adding artists to a pre-made station. I added about 30 artists to the pre-made Traditional Folk and I've yet to hear a single song from any of them. Apparently iTunes Radio thinks it knows my tastes better than I do.

If I delete a station and then add it again it will play about 8 songs and then stop working completely. This has happened several times with different stations.

Edit: I've now tried many more times. A new station will play exactly 8 songs and then stop working.

Rychy
Sep 19, 2013, 12:03 PM
I guess it's good to know it's not just me. A number of my stations will stop working after ten or so songs. I'll click play on them and nothing happens. It's kind of irritating.

rwilliams
Sep 19, 2013, 12:04 PM
There is definitely an issue with songs being repeated in iTunes Radio. I may have to go back to Spotify Radio until this gets resolved. It's the reason I stopped using Pandora.