PDA

View Full Version : from a concerned apple citizen

Tokyo1138
Aug 19, 2013, 02:38 PM
i been wondering somwething. does anyone know (and know i didnt yet looked at every tread here :rolleyes:) when the final version be released to the hungy public? before, during or after 10 of sept? i know (from memory) the will release it for the 5 and 4s... but will it be smooth or another lag fest almost like the iPod touch (V.4) was with its last update?

Cougarcat
Aug 19, 2013, 02:45 PM
If it's like previous years, around a week after the keynote. It's smooth on my 5 but ymmv.

madsci954
Aug 19, 2013, 02:49 PM
In recent years, the newest iOS came on Wednesday the week after the new iPhone announcement. So based on history, if the new iPhone is shown September 10, iOS 7 will go live the 18th.

emckai
Aug 19, 2013, 02:54 PM
Why does this result to a "concerned apple citizen"
Are you concerns that the iOS 7 GM will be released after the new iPhone is released? Who cares.

Cougarcat
Aug 19, 2013, 02:55 PM
Why does this result to a "concerned apple citizen"
Are you concerns that the iOS 7 GM will be released after the new iPhone is released? Who cares.

I think he's concerned it'll be laggy.

chabig
Aug 19, 2013, 02:57 PM
We all know, but we can't say for nondisclosure reasons.

emckai
Aug 19, 2013, 03:17 PM
I think he's concerned it'll be laggy.

Probably the only reason why it's laggy for those complaining is because most of the users who install iOS 7 never do a clean install for each beta. There are people who go from Beta 1 to Beta 6 without even doing a clean install and they complain about bad battery life, bugs, etc etc etc.

Do a clean restore and be happy.

iapplelove
Aug 19, 2013, 06:35 PM
Probably the only reason why it's laggy for those complaining is because most of the users who install iOS 7 never do a clean install for each beta. There are people who go from Beta 1 to Beta 6 without even doing a clean install and they complain about bad battery life, bugs, etc etc etc.

Do a clean restore and be happy.

It's been beaten to death a clean install sometimes is irrelevant

Shrink
Aug 19, 2013, 06:41 PM
from a concerned apple citizen

OK. so I'm a dummy. What's an "apple citizen" The juxtaposition of those two words make absolutely no sense to me.

What am I missing!:confused:

SandboxGeneral
Aug 19, 2013, 06:52 PM
OK. so I'm a dummy. What's an "apple citizen" The juxtaposition of those two words make absolutely no sense to me.

What am I missing!:confused:

I hadn't realized Apple was it's own, recognized, nation-state! :eek: