PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 performance on iPhone 4S

Kayakphotos
Aug 19, 2013, 07:05 PM
I know that it is still in the beta stages, but I'm curious what kind of performance people are getting on the 4s. I've read the thread on the iPhone 4 and how many of the effects are disabled for it to be useable.

Is this true on the 4s at all?
What kind of response are people getting on the 4s?

I would rather have a dated, but smooth OS than a jittery refined one.

Paddle1
Aug 19, 2013, 07:22 PM
The 4S runs very fast in comparison like it was designed for iOS 7. :)

Kayakphotos
Aug 19, 2013, 07:29 PM
The 4S runs very fast in comparison like it was designed for iOS 7. :)

Good to hear.
Anyone else have any thoughts?

Paddle1
Aug 19, 2013, 07:32 PM
Good to hear.
Anyone else have any thoughts?

Also, there are videos like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6WcMuu4KSg

dannyyankou
Aug 19, 2013, 07:34 PM
Still a little slower than iOS 6 for me and some apps are crashing, but another beta and GM should take care of that.

novovic
Aug 19, 2013, 07:34 PM
No need to worry dude, it runs smooth :)
AirDrop doesn't work on it though... That's the only thing missing... Battery is kinda crap though, but it might be cuz of apps that aren't optimized.

Also I keep my parallax off, bg refresher too... I am on edge, cuz 3g drains my battery fast... And got all system location services off...

Paddle1
Aug 19, 2013, 07:37 PM
Because it's a beta it boots slowly and has battery drain, animations are also slower. It should be fixed by the full version though.

KeanosMagicHat
Aug 20, 2013, 03:34 AM
Performance in general is pretty good on a 4S.

Safari still crashes too frequently considering we're at a late stage in the Beta process.

Also Beta 6 has taken a step back in keyboard speed with the odd lag here and there.

Neither of these are specific to the 4S though thankfully.

BlankStar
Aug 20, 2013, 03:41 AM
Compared to the first beta's it's running smooth as butter.

Animations are fast, no lag at all, almost no app-crashes anymore.

Loving iOS7 more and more every single day :-)

treichert
Aug 20, 2013, 05:14 AM
No need to worry dude, it runs smooth :)
AirDrop doesn't work on it though... That's the only thing missing... Battery is kinda crap though, but it might be cuz of apps that aren't optimized.

Also I keep my parallax off, bg refresher too... I am on edge, cuz 3g drains my battery fast... And got all system location services off...

So essentially, you turned off a boatload of features and your battery doesn't last any longer than mine does with everything turned on :D

1member1
Aug 20, 2013, 05:18 AM
runs better than ios 6 for me. i like it a lot.

novovic
Aug 20, 2013, 05:34 AM
So essentially, you turned off a boatload of features and your battery doesn't last any longer than mine does with everything turned on :D

Exactly! With all turned on I get 2 hours of usage with 5 in standby :)

Thus why I said battery is crap for me :)

(on iOS 6 i had over a day of standby and 10h of usage)

johnnyboy360
Aug 20, 2013, 07:01 AM
Mine running really nicely! Battery is pretty damn good! It was better on beta 5, but still getting 2 days out of it! But its pretty flawless and really smooth!