PDA

View Full Version : Facebook and Twitter in NC?

ben123456
Aug 19, 2013, 07:14 PM
I have had the beta for awhile but i can't find the Facebook and twitter options for NC did Apple take those out?

mrapplegate
Aug 19, 2013, 07:16 PM
I have had the beta for awhile but i can't find the Facebook and twitter options for NC did Apple take those out?

They are gone ever since the first beta.

ajvizzgamer101
Aug 19, 2013, 08:26 PM

Gone and never coming back. It's not a notification. Might come back in control center.

lsutigerfan1976
Aug 19, 2013, 11:32 PM
Gone and never coming back. It's not a notification. Might come back in control center.

Doubt it. At least not from Apple. I would say once ios 7 is jailbroken. The jailbreak community will find a way to change the control center icons to ppls liken. And that will probably include tap to post to facebook/twitter options. In my opinion of course.

Armen
Aug 20, 2013, 01:43 PM

I would still suggest Apple get rid of the the Missed Tab and replace it with a quick compose tab to let you quick text, e-mail, facebook,twitter, call etc.

shandyman
Aug 20, 2013, 01:59 PM
I would still suggest Apple get rid of the the Missed Tab and replace it with a quick compose tab to let you quick text, e-mail, facebook,twitter, call etc.

I like the missed tab as sometimes I don't want to trawl thru the all tab just to see if I missed a text or something

emckai
Aug 20, 2013, 04:37 PM
My prediction: During the iOS 7 announcement along with the new iDevices they'll say "Oh you thought we forgot the social widget. WE DIDN'T!"

bigpoppamac31
Aug 20, 2013, 04:44 PM
Why would FB and Twitter not be in Notification Centre?? Wouldn't people like the option to be notified of updates in NC?? I think I would and I recall it being there in iOS 6.

Armen
Aug 20, 2013, 04:48 PM
Why would FB and Twitter not be in Notification Centre?? Wouldn't people like the option to be notified of updates in NC?? I think I would and I recall it being there in iOS 6.

He's talking about this. It's gone in iOS 7 because that is not a notification. It's a shortcut to do something.

http://applenapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/share_widget_-600x300.jpg

bigpoppamac31
Aug 20, 2013, 06:38 PM
He's talking about this. It's gone in iOS 7 because that is not a notification. It's a shortcut to do something.

Image (http://applenapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/share_widget_-600x300.jpg)

Oh okay. I get it. But even so I don't seem to get any FB notifications in NC. I'm using iOS 7. Maybe there is a setting I missed or maybe it's cause FB is not optimized for iOS 7 yet.

Armen
Aug 20, 2013, 06:40 PM
Oh okay. I get it. But even so I don't seem to get any FB notifications in NC. I'm using iOS 7. Maybe there is a setting I missed or maybe it's cause FB is not optimized for iOS 7 yet.

Aside from going into notifications, locating facebook and setting up the alert style and presence in NC I don't see what else you could do wrong.

uhaas
Aug 20, 2013, 06:49 PM

Image (http://applenapps.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/share_widget_-600x300.jpg)

I think part of the issue is there are new integrated social services coming online like LinkedIn, 10cent, etc. Do you put a button in for all of them?

Too bad, I used both all the time.

Parise
Aug 20, 2013, 09:51 PM
I think part of the issue is there are new integrated social services coming online like LinkedIn, 10cent, etc. Do you put a button in for all of them?

Too bad, I used both all the time.

Wtf is 10cent?

And no, you make two buttons, and allow the user to select which one does what.

Apple, this isn't rocket science.

dcp10
Aug 20, 2013, 10:11 PM
Use Siri

moldy lunchbox
Aug 21, 2013, 03:11 AM
Use Siri

That's not a shortcut, if anything you'd probably have to repeat yourself several times.

C DM
Aug 21, 2013, 03:14 AM
Use SiriIf anything just use the related app for the update--launch Twitter, tap to post, and post something.

RipeRetina
Aug 21, 2013, 08:06 AM
Use Siri

I've been doing this ever since the first beta but it would be nice to have FB & Twitter in control center at least.

Tomn94
Aug 21, 2013, 08:58 PM
The same.
Iím disappointed, I must now tell Siri just ę Tweet Ľ. And it shows me an empty Twitter dialog box. But itís less convenient (and noisy).

ben123456
Aug 22, 2013, 05:11 PM
Wtf is 10cent?

And no, you make two buttons, and allow the user to select which one does what.

Apple, this isn't rocket science.

This. Or even Instagram integration for photo sharing. I don't see why it's so difficult to do.

apollo1444
Aug 22, 2013, 05:16 PM
This. Or even Instagram integration for photo sharing. I don't see why it's so difficult to do.

it's easier than ever to share with iOS 7 on instagram it now even has a square camera that makes things easier. but an instagram shortcut might work for 7.1

Armen
Aug 22, 2013, 06:53 PM
It must be just me but I don't see enough urgency of posting on Facebook or Twitter to justify having those actions in the NC. I'd rather have a quick dial for favorites from there or compose SMS.

DJLC
Aug 22, 2013, 07:32 PM
I do miss that a bit in iOS 7. I find I no longer update my status with the one-off thoughts I have that I deem worth sharing. I generally use Facebook less.

I'm not saying this is a bad thing.

ben123456
Aug 23, 2013, 05:51 PM
It must be just me but I don't see enough urgency of posting on Facebook or Twitter to justify having those actions in the NC. I'd rather have a quick dial for favorites from there or compose SMS.

I just thought it made it easy to post

shandyman
Aug 23, 2013, 08:11 PM
I just thought it made it easy to post

Exactly. Just less steps. I miss it, even though I only post once every couple days, but I'll cope.

fraggot
Aug 26, 2013, 10:08 AM

Total feels on this, I'd love a place where I can do quick compose for various things, iMessages, Facebook, Twitter and whatever else they can integrate into it.

I at least would love to just have it for Facebook and Twitter, that's how I typically used to update those. The app is buggy and sometimes will crash upon opening, having it baked in made it so much more fluid when I needed to share something.