Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
Say, if I went back to 6.1.4, I couldn't restore from the backup I made of 7, right? I mean it seems obvious that I couldn't.

Ensaladin

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2013
I download a software that read every backup you have on iTunes and let you extract everything. From media to texts and everything.

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
Say, if I went back to 6.1.4, I couldn't restore from the backup I made of 7, right? I mean it seems obvious that I couldn't.

Yes you can in a way, to not lose your data while in iOS 7 and then run iOS 6.

1. While on iOS 7, download the latest version of iOS 6 for your iPhone.
2. Plug in your iPhone into iTunes and select it.
3. Click "Option" + "Check for Update"
4. Select the latest version of iOS 6 and install.

That's it, the phone won't lose any data and you'll be running iOS 6 again, you can make a back up just in case.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
Yes you can in a way, to not lose your data while in iOS 7 and then run iOS 6.

1. While on iOS 7, download the latest version of iOS 6 for your iPhone.
2. Plug in your iPhone into iTunes and select it.
3. Click "Option" + "Check for Update"
4. Select the latest version of iOS 6 and install.

That's it, the phone won't lose any data and you'll be running iOS 6 again, you can make a back up just in case.

I've done that and it's glitch city.

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
I've done that and it's glitch city.

Not entirely, make a backup running iOS 6, erase all content and settings, then, restore from the backup you just created.

Once is installed from the iOS 6 back up, reset all settings and it should work fine.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
Not entirely, make a backup running iOS 6, erase all content and settings, then, restore from the backup you just created.

Once is installed from the iOS 6 back up, reset all settings and it should work fine.

Could work..but last time I did that, any app that I updated while on iOS 7 did not work on 6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.