PDA

View Full Version : Hah! The eMac is NOT discontinued

mjstew33
Nov 19, 2005, 01:34 PM
Go to the education store. Click on K-12 School Proposal. The eMac is there. With low prices.

;)

Xephian
Nov 19, 2005, 01:38 PM
Yeah, it's only for educational use now. It was never dicontinued.

mjstew33
Nov 19, 2005, 01:41 PM
Yeah, it's only for educational use now. It was never dicontinued.
Lots of people were saying it was discontinued. ;)

CanadaRAM
Nov 19, 2005, 01:43 PM
Well, it's all a matter of how you define the word.

As far as retail customers go, it's unavailable.

So if an eMac falls in the Educational forest, and there are no retail customers to hear, is it really discontinued?

joecool85
Nov 19, 2005, 01:45 PM
Where is it? I checked using the university section since I am at UMaine, and I also checked using k-12 since my mom & dad are both k12 teachers...didn't see it on either one.

*edit*
Checked the proposal thing, there it is. So in other words, even students and teachers can't buy them for their own personal use. Only way to get 'em is if the school itself buys them. They are essentially gone.

mjstew33
Nov 19, 2005, 01:58 PM
They are essentially gone.
Pretty much, but, they are still being made. Pretty weird not even educational students and teachers can't buy them. :confused:

Aarow
Nov 19, 2005, 02:01 PM
The eMac was such a nice looking machine too.

My school should buy some, but they just replaced the aging iMac G3 lab with a bunch of PCs

generik
Nov 19, 2005, 03:26 PM
Pretty much, but, they are still being made. Pretty weird not even educational students and teachers can't buy them. :confused:

I doubt they are being made, what's left is probably a small stash in some Apple warehouse that will either be sold or cannibalised for parts when warranty claims arrises.