Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 29, 2005
Go to the education store. Click on K-12 School Proposal. The eMac is there. With low prices.

;)

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
Where is it? I checked using the university section since I am at UMaine, and I also checked using k-12 since my mom & dad are both k12 teachers...didn't see it on either one.

*edit*
Checked the proposal thing, there it is. So in other words, even students and teachers can't buy them for their own personal use. Only way to get 'em is if the school itself buys them. They are essentially gone.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 29, 2005
joecool85 said:
They are essentially gone.
Pretty much, but, they are still being made. Pretty weird not even educational students and teachers can't buy them. :confused:

Aarow

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2005
The eMac was such a nice looking machine too.

My school should buy some, but they just replaced the aging iMac G3 lab with a bunch of PCs

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
lilstewart92 said:
Pretty much, but, they are still being made. Pretty weird not even educational students and teachers can't buy them. :confused:

I doubt they are being made, what's left is probably a small stash in some Apple warehouse that will either be sold or cannibalised for parts when warranty claims arrises.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.