PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to retrieve iTunes password from Jail Broken AppleTV?

phr0ze
Aug 20, 2013, 08:52 AM
I am selling my jailbroken appleTV 2. If I leave my iTunes password in there, can someone extract it from the device?

I'm thinking of leaving it in to sell it as having access to all my music, TV, and movie purchases until they decide to reset it. They should not be able to purchase anything without my CCV code.

I just want to know if they can extract my credentials.

musicpenguy
Aug 20, 2013, 09:02 AM
That sounds like a bad idea, but that's just me - I would be concerned about the safety of your account - just have a bad feeling about that ...

NorCalLights
Aug 20, 2013, 12:49 PM
I am selling my jailbroken appleTV 2. If I leave my iTunes password in there, can someone extract it from the device?

I'm thinking of leaving it in to sell it as having access to all my music, TV, and movie purchases until they decide to reset it. They should not be able to purchase anything without my CCV code.

I just want to know if they can extract my credentials.

That's a horrible idea.

blueroom
Aug 20, 2013, 12:51 PM
The iTunes purchases are tied to the account, you can only transfer them with the account (including the password).

phr0ze
Aug 20, 2013, 12:59 PM
The iTunes purchases are tied to the account, you can only transfer them with the account (including the password).

Well not really. You can preload the account on an appleTV. That appleTV would continue to work on the account until the account is changed. The appletv doesn't know it was sold or moved to a new location.

blueroom
Aug 20, 2013, 01:06 PM
Well not really. You can preload the account on an appleTV. That appleTV would continue to work on the account until the account is changed. The appletv doesn't know it was sold or moved to a new location.

True but that media isn't yours to give away. Read the iTunes TOS.

lunaoso
Aug 20, 2013, 01:07 PM
Sounds like you are just asking for trouble...

phr0ze
Aug 20, 2013, 03:30 PM
True but that media isn't yours to give away. Read the iTunes TOS.

True