Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chazz08

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
This is one of the things I wish they would add into iMessage and Contacts. I think they should add a section that automatically adds the people who have iMessage. It would make it so much easier to message those with it, especially from my Mac, or, since I live overseas, when I don't have service when traveling.

If there is a way to do this, I haven't figured it out yet, so please enlighten me! :)

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
The only thing I'd recommend is that when you start typing a text, the SEND button will turn blue to denote that the person you are sending to is on iMessage and it'll be sent using that. Other than that, I would suggest putting a note in the contact of the people you send to regularly, or when you save thier phone number in thier contact, you can create your own label instead of Phone, Work, Home and create one that says iMessage. That way, you'd know.

Just a few suggestions, but they are all pretty kludgy.

TheKrs1

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
This is one of the things I wish they would add into iMessage and Contacts. I think they should add a section that automatically adds the people who have iMessage. It would make it so much easier to message those with it, especially from my Mac, or, since I live overseas, when I don't have service when traveling.

If there is a way to do this, I haven't figured it out yet, so please enlighten me! :)

Not sure how Mavericks does this, but in iOS, it will color your contacts based on your previous interactions with them:

*Names and numbers deleted

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Chazz08

Cancelled
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Not sure how Mavericks does this, but in iOS, it will color your contacts based on your previous interactions with them:

*Names and numbers deleted

Yeah, I've noticed that, but sometimes I don't know what people have it. It would just be nice to know everyone that had it. If you know what I mean. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.