PDA

View Full Version : SMS not working in Beta 6

Sdahe
Aug 20, 2013, 11:42 AM
Hello Guys,

I open this thread since I don't find one with this particular situation. I have ios beta 6 installed and it works fine with imessages but regular sms doesn't work. I was only able to send text messages to other iphone trough imessage. I turned off the imessage feature and now nobody can send me text.. Anyone with this problem?

TheKrs1
Aug 20, 2013, 11:44 AM
Hello Guys,

I open this thread since I don't find one with this particular situation. I have ios beta 6 installed and it works fine with imessages but regular sms doesn't work. I was only able to send text messages to other iphone trough imessage. I turned off the imessage feature and now nobody can send me text.. Anyone with this problem?

Not an issue I've heard anyone complain about, and it works fine on my 5. Try restoring the software, or resetting network settings.

Sdahe
Aug 20, 2013, 11:45 AM
Not an issue I've heard anyone complain about, and it works fine on my 5. Try restoring the software, or resetting network settings.

I did both and nothing... it only works with imessage

Mlrollin91
Aug 20, 2013, 11:52 AM
I did both and nothing... it only works with imessage

It might be a carrier problem and not the phone itself. The messages just aren't being sent or delivered properly and getting lost in cyber space.

Armen
Aug 20, 2013, 12:24 PM
Hello Guys,

stupid question but is SMS turned on under settings > messages? It's off by default in beta 6 I think.

Sdahe
Aug 20, 2013, 12:26 PM
stupid question but is SMS turned on under settings > messages? It's off by default in beta 6 I think.

Yes it's on...

BlankStar
Aug 21, 2013, 03:29 AM
rather say it's a problem with your carrier, or the carrier settings at least. Not with iOS7.

Sdahe
Aug 21, 2013, 09:31 AM
Well...at the end it was a problem with Att... I called att and they took away my sms plan for no reason. Never knew why they did that... they place the sms service back and everything back to normal. Thaks to all that helped me with this issue