PDA

View Full Version : [iPhone] Non developer and got ios 7 on my iphone

ulises023
Aug 20, 2013, 10:07 PM
So i had ios 7 beta6 but was having issues with it. This lead me to restore back to 6.1.4 but realized i never backed my phone up when it was at 6.1.4.
So i wemnt back to ios 7 beta 6, but cannot restore my back up from i cloud as i am not a registered developer...any clues on what i can do?:apple::apple::apple:

Nyy8
Aug 20, 2013, 10:41 PM
Pay the $99 to become a dev?

whocaresit
Aug 20, 2013, 10:47 PM
Sit tight till September 20th.

C DM
Aug 20, 2013, 11:07 PM
Why do you need to be a paid registered developer to restore a backup from iCloud?

The Flying Kite
Aug 20, 2013, 11:54 PM
DFU restore to iOS 6, leave it on the setup screen (don't do anything at all once it's restored), upgrade back to ios 7, then you'll be able to get to the iCloud restore screen.

lsutigerfan1976
Aug 21, 2013, 01:13 AM
Sit tight till September 20th.

So someone saying sit tight till September 20th is ok to post. I post I got nothing for the OP and I get a message saying don't post frivolous or sarcastic responses. And mine gets whacked. Sheesh I will never get this site. Oh and I am not saying anything about the person who posted the other response. But to some degree everyone post sarcastic responses from time time. I think the mods need to lighten up.

dictoresno
Aug 21, 2013, 01:34 AM
So i had ios 7 beta6 but was having issues with it. This lead me to restore back to 6.1.4 but realized i never backed my phone up when it was at 6.1.4.
So i wemnt back to ios 7 beta 6, but cannot restore my back up from i cloud as i am not a registered developer...any clues on what i can do?:apple::apple::apple:

It says quite clearly, somewhere maybe in the release notes if I'm not mistaken, that you can't restore an iOS 7 backup onto iOS 6. You obviously backed up to icloud while you had iOS 7 and now your SOL. Next time, at least do some homework first.

C DM
Aug 21, 2013, 01:48 AM
It says quite clearly, somewhere maybe in the release notes if I'm not mistaken, that you can't restore an iOS 7 backup onto iOS 6. You obviously backed up to icloud while you had iOS 7 and now your SOL. Next time, at least do some homework first.OP is back to iOS 7 it would seem, what's the issue with restoring an iOS 7 iCloud backup then?

maflynn
Aug 21, 2013, 04:48 AM
[MOD NOTE]
Non developers asking for help with the beta is not permitted