PDA

View Full Version : Audio Peripherals?

Patmian212
Nov 19, 2005, 06:21 PM
Hi all,
I am doing some work on garageband and soon to be ableton live. I just wanted to know what cool peripherals you guys are using for your audio work, also does anyone know about any good peripherals for garageband or ableton live such as mixers or anything really, I am just curious to see what type of things are out there and what they are used for.

Patmian212
Nov 20, 2005, 12:50 PM
No one?

steveedge
Nov 20, 2005, 01:54 PM
I've made post in a few threads here about what kind of stuff i'm using. Check around the other threads. :)

Patmian212
Nov 21, 2005, 12:15 PM
Oh come on guys some of you must be using audio peripherals.

FFTT
Nov 21, 2005, 05:30 PM
If you're going to record live vocals, guitars and other miked tracks
take a look at M-Audio for interfaces, pre-amps powered monitors etc.

They have well made gear for the most part to help you get rolling.

bigboy99
Dec 20, 2005, 01:12 AM
Hi all,
I am doing some work on garageband and soon to be ableton live. I just wanted to know what cool peripherals you guys are using for your audio work, also does anyone know about any good peripherals for garageband or ableton live such as mixers or anything really, I am just curious to see what type of things are out there and what they are used for.

Get a good compressor/limiter. Great for every instrument/vocal.

BB99

CanadaRAM
Dec 20, 2005, 02:13 AM
Oh come on guys some of you must be using audio peripherals.
The problem, as usual, is that the field is WAAAY to large to single out one, or a dozen, products. Especially since each style of recording has different requirements and different favorite solutions.

Here's mine, assuming you already have a microphone and an audio interface.

Get a 1/2 sheet (1.2x1.2m or 4x4') of plywood. Then, if you are recording acoustic guitar, or mic'ing an amplifier or a stationary instrument, experiment with putting the plywood on the floor on the carpet, between the source and the mic, or directly under the source, to bounce sound up to the microphone, adding more 'live' ambience without too much room sound. Also good for recording foot-stomping effects. Also for attaching a boundary layer microphone or a pressure-zone microphone to. Also, propped up on end with a quilt or duvet thrown over it, as a quick gobo or bass trap.