PDA

View Full Version : Apple TV "view options" or sorting issues..

drjack69
Aug 21, 2013, 08:01 AM
Hi all,

I am gradually filling up my iTunes library to watch on my Apple TV's.

I have a lot of TV shows and it is driving me nuts having to scroll through every season from every show when browsing with the remote:

TV Shows->"TV Show A Season1", "TV Show A Season 2".... 3..4..15

OK when you've got two seasons of Fawlty Towers but not so cool with 16 seasons of South Park, 11 seasons of Family guy, 8 seasons of curb etc! I had to replace an Apple remote because the down button broke lol

I remember having Front Row on an old iMac and when browsing through it would go a little like this:

TV Shows->"TV Show A"->Season 1..2..3.. etc

Much handier. When selecting music to listen to you get this method (Artist->list of albums etc) so it seems odd that this isn't implemented for TV Shows.

Is there something idiotic I'm doing or not doing in either iTunes or the settings on Apple TV? Or are we going to have to wait for the next iOS update and hope it gets fixed.

Many thanks guys!

priitv8
Aug 21, 2013, 09:00 AM
Deleted

bucksaddle
Aug 21, 2013, 09:21 AM
You're not doing anything wrong but I wouldn't hold out hope for it to be fixed anytime soon. It used to display TV shows sorted by "TV Shows-> TV Show A-> Season 1..2..3.. etc" on the original (v1) Apple TV but since the release of the 2nd generation iOS based ATV (Sept' 10) this functionality has been missing and has yet to be re-implmeneted (if it ever will)

drjack69
Aug 21, 2013, 09:26 AM
You're not doing anything wrong but I wouldn't hold out hope for it to be fixed anytime soon. It used to display TV shows sorted by "TV Shows-> TV Show A-> Season 1..2..3.. etc" on the original (v1) Apple TV but since the release of the 2nd generation iOS based ATV (Sept' 10) this functionality has been missing and has yet to be re-implmeneted (if it ever will)

Thanks buddy. It's weird because it worked so well in Front Row!