Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Yahoo has officially updated its Yahoo! Sports app for iOS, adding a host of new features such as full coverage for Mixed Martial Arts organizations, as well as scores, news, and standings for the WNBA and a refined look with full, updated scoring summaries and extended details for football games. The app also brings fixes to external article rendering, as well as a refined view for football fields on the iPad.

yahoosports2.jpg
Yahoo! Sports is designed to be incredibly fast while still providing the in-depth sports coverage every true fan needs. Easy access to scores, news and stats in a clean, simple layout. Get personalized live scores and information on your favorite teams, player, and leagues.
The app, formerly known as Yahoo! Sportacular, relaunched two months ago and brought universal support to iOS devices, data syncing, and a redesigned interface. Yahoo also updated its fantasy football iOS app with mobile drafting earlier this year. Yahoo Sports! is a free download for the iPhone and iPad. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Yahoo Sports for iOS Adds Full MMA Coverage, Refined Scoring Summaries for Football Games

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
Virginia, USA
I've gone through a lot of scores apps, because I find a lot of them are not reliable on cellular data. In years past the ESPN and Yahoo ones failed me. Right now I am using a very simple, scores only app called "Sports Alerts;" I dont even use the alerts, but the scores seem to work every time, no matter what kind of connection I have.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
its working on iOS 7 beta 6. i deleted the app because it kept crashing on the betas. glad to see it working.

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
It's running very slow for me on beta 6. Prior to the update it wasn't working at all on beta 6.

Guess I'll delete and try a new install.

heutusops

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2013
really slow and laggy on BETA 6 iOS7, i hope it runs smoothly on the final version of iOS7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.