PDA

View Full Version : BETA 6 : Keyboard/Typing lags and sluggishness

Clovel19
Aug 21, 2013, 11:29 AM
Hello !

I've installed iOS7 Beta 6 via OTA on my iPhone 4 GSM (Euro), and the install worked as it should have. But now, each time I have to type something in (SMS, iMessage, Safari, Spotlight, FB, Twitter) the keyboard has a 3-4 second latency. Also, when I double hit space to make a ". " point, it Cap-Locks.

I would have liked to see if anyone else is having this issue, and if anyone has a solution.

Bug report was sent, lets hope it will be fixed at the next beta, or is just a "just me" issue.

Thanks,
Clovel :apple:

!GS51!
Aug 21, 2013, 11:39 AM
i used to have this issue in previous betas but beta 4 and onwards it got way better. Try an all setting reset and check if that fixes it. If not perform a clean installation of the software. Its still to be noted tho this is a beta software and issues like this are expected....

KeanosMagicHat
Aug 21, 2013, 12:54 PM
This has definitely been a problem for me in Beta 6 on a 4S. Never experienced keyboard lag on the previous Betas.

Most of the time the keyboard functions normally, but intermittently it will slow down a lot.

The first time it happened, I had to perform a hard reset to resolve the issue. Since then, however, I find closing the application you're using and reopening it seems to do the trick.

It's a pain in the backside at this late stage in the Beta programme, but I'm putting it down to the fact that Beta 6 was a rush hot fix build.

Clovel19
Aug 25, 2013, 11:48 AM
Ok, so the reboot cycles are useless for me. I'll try reseting all settings. I'll make a backup first.

I'll keep you posted
Clovel

Blau
Aug 25, 2013, 11:59 AM
Haven't had any keyboard issues on my iPhone 4 (CDMA) running ios 7 beta 6. It doesn't appear to have any keyboard lag, and double spacing gives me a " . "

stooovie
Aug 25, 2013, 12:10 PM
3-4 seconds? Really? People generally tend to overestimate.

Clovel19
Aug 25, 2013, 12:53 PM
Hi again.

Ok, so it's been an hour now, so everything is relative, but I think I solved my problem with the "Reset all settings" fix. Thanks for the idea !

And yeah, 3-4 seconds. And if I anticipated with "Send" it would only send half of the message (what was processed and displayed on my screen, so one or two letters.) A SMS was a long wait since Beta 6.

I strongly believe that OTA Beta 6 doubled my settings and they messed up on each other. Or something like that.

Anyhow, Thanks,
Clovel
:apple:

PS : if the issue comes back, I'll repost.

Nikhil72
Aug 25, 2013, 01:05 PM
Had the same problem, the reset all settings did the trick too.