Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
If i open iTunes then click Search it closes down the app. Anyone else having these issues?

I'm using iOS 7 on iPhone 5 using the UK Store.

Happens to me all the time. If I search for something and quit the app whilst on the search page it will crash every time I try to open iTunes back up. It eventually opens after about 5/6 attempts.

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
If i open iTunes then click Search it closes down the app. Anyone else having these issues?

I'm using iOS 7 on iPhone 5 using the UK Store.

I had that for a day or two, but it suddenly stopped and hasn't come back since. When it was happening even a reset wasn't fixing the problem, it just refused to let me search for music. Wish I had better advice to give.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2011
It is a pain, happens to me too.

I find if I go into settings and sign out of my account, open the app, and then re-sign into my account, it works for a little while.

Rinse, repeat.

kraftb0x

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2013
Rhode Island
I had an issue where it constantly crashed on the search page. Kept trying to toggle back to it but it would still close out. My fix for this was making sure it was properly closed, signing out in Settings --> iTunes & app Store and then signing back in a minute after, and opening up the store again. No issues since then....

EDIT: Ha, scratch that. It is back! Doing the same seems to help again but it's quite inconvenient.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.