Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is iOS ruined by the use of white and/or slow animations?

• Yes! The white will make me keep iOS 6.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Yes! The slow animations will make me keep iOS 6.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Yes, both are horrible and I will keep iOS 6.

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • No. iOS 7 is here to stay

Votes: 74 72.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ra4oasis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
Many are gloomy about iOS 7 and the large amount of white, and/or the speed of the animations. Is it so bad that you really won't upgrade, or if you do, is it really that bad?

I personally love the minimalistic white space, and the animations give everything a sense of life. I can't imagine going back to iOS6.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
I have used it since beta 1. I was apprehensive at first....but I love it now and would never go back to 6.

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
I'm currently jailbroken on iOS6 and use FakeClockUp to speed up my animations, going to be painful to adjust back to slow ones with iOS7 >.<

freedevil

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2007
A huge majority will hate it but will still use IOS 7 like me. I see no poll option for that.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
Yes it seems a very one sided poll in terms of a lack of options.

Whether you detest iOS 7 or, on the other hand, just have a few issues with it, there's no poll option that says you'll stick with it anyway.

How many people on a tech forum would realistically stay on iOS 6, not a vast number I'd venture.

I'd personally vote, "I'll be using iOS 7, but I want Apple to include a user selectable dark themed option".

Last edited:

Leite28

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2013
Portugal
At first, I didn't like it at all. I decided to install beta 1 on my old iPhone 4 - I was using a 4S as my daily driver - and it was painfully slow and it spent mod of it time crashing. I completely hated it.

However, when beta 4 came out, I decided to install it again on the 4 and challenged my self to use it as my daily until the GM launches (then I'll install it on the 4S) and I absolutely love it!

Sure, there are some things on the UI that could be better but the new looks are exactly what iOS needed. iOS 6 just feels old, while the newer iOS 7 feels like a completely new OS. iOS 7 was what made me thing twice about switching to a Nexus.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
How about a poll asking who is sick and tired of all the complaining about iOS 7??

iOS 7 is here and it's different. Deal with it.

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
I kinda wish there was a "No, I genuinely like it" option.

I had to go back to iOS6 for a period after iOS7b3 destroyed my battery life, and I can honestly say, I like the look and usability of iOS7 more than iOS6.

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
I have used it since beta 1. I was apprehensive at first....but I love it now and would never go back to 6.

I felt the same way about never going back. Then this morning I restored one of my iPads back to ios6 cause I'm getting ready to sell it, and I forgot how much I actually liked ios6. Still can't wait till 7 is smooth and responsive but I don't miss it yet.

kbfr08

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2007
Personally I love it, but some people just don't like change no matter what it is, they'll get over it.

Pompiliu

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
Weird poll.
Even though i hate iOS 7, i voted the last option. Why? Cause the next iPhone will come with iOS7, so i have no choice...
And no, i don't have the choice of not upgrading. I always do that, i always have the latest and greatest.
:cool:

lancastor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
Definitely ruined by very very very very slow animations.

ANOYING Animations. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE THEM

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Maybe not ruined, but made it worse in at least one or a few aspects (while other things made it better).

tripleg

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2010
Someone else said it in another thread and I agree with it. You have this beautiful high res display but your interface is mostly solid white with no icons with any detail. Seems like such a waste.

I don't mind going to a flatter design I just wish it wasn't so extreme.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.