PDA

View Full Version : Apple Tv Airplay videos blurry

Krispy162
Aug 21, 2013, 10:12 PM
So I've had Apple Tv for over a year now and I've been using it to mirror my desktop and watch videos I have on my Mac mini onto my HD tv.

I noticed recently that all of a sudden the videos play blurry when using the airplay to my appletv. I went back to videos that I've already watched via airplay and had never had a problem with. Now they all show blurry.

I've tried a different HDMI cable and I can't seem to identify the problem. I've opened the file with Quicktime player & VLC all produce same quality.

Any other suggestions?

Mrbobb
Aug 22, 2013, 03:26 AM
if you are able to play Netflix, YouTube of any of the widgets wo problem then is not the hdmi cable.

Temporarily wire everything with CAT5 to ascertain is not WIFI problem.

waw74
Aug 22, 2013, 07:39 AM
HDMI is either there or not, it won't get blurry. maybe a few sparkles, and then it would cut out.

it's network related.

Krispy162
Aug 22, 2013, 07:57 AM
Yeah the HDMI was ruled out when I tried a different cable.

Netflix works fine so I'm guessing it's my network, which is weird because nothing changed. I'll attempt to reboot the router and see if maybe it just needed that.

Mrbobb
Aug 22, 2013, 11:59 AM
Netflix works fine so I'm guessing it's my network, which is weird because nothing changed. I'll attempt to reboot the router and see if maybe it just needed that.

Maybe YOU didn't do anything, maybe a wacko neighbor just moved in and turned on his terawatt WIFI router. :eek:

Krispy162
Aug 22, 2013, 03:14 PM
Maybe YOU didn't do anything, maybe a wacko neighbor just moved in and turned on his terawatt WIFI router. :eek:

That's probably it. I have sketchy neighbors!!

My download & upload speeds are both running over 30Mbps. I'm still stumped