Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krispy162

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
So I've had Apple Tv for over a year now and I've been using it to mirror my desktop and watch videos I have on my Mac mini onto my HD tv.

I noticed recently that all of a sudden the videos play blurry when using the airplay to my appletv. I went back to videos that I've already watched via airplay and had never had a problem with. Now they all show blurry.

I've tried a different HDMI cable and I can't seem to identify the problem. I've opened the file with Quicktime player & VLC all produce same quality.

Any other suggestions?

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
if you are able to play Netflix, YouTube of any of the widgets wo problem then is not the hdmi cable.

Temporarily wire everything with CAT5 to ascertain is not WIFI problem.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
HDMI is either there or not, it won't get blurry. maybe a few sparkles, and then it would cut out.

it's network related.

Krispy162

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Yeah the HDMI was ruled out when I tried a different cable.

Netflix works fine so I'm guessing it's my network, which is weird because nothing changed. I'll attempt to reboot the router and see if maybe it just needed that.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Netflix works fine so I'm guessing it's my network, which is weird because nothing changed. I'll attempt to reboot the router and see if maybe it just needed that.

Maybe YOU didn't do anything, maybe a wacko neighbor just moved in and turned on his terawatt WIFI router. :eek:

Krispy162

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Maybe YOU didn't do anything, maybe a wacko neighbor just moved in and turned on his terawatt WIFI router. :eek:

That's probably it. I have sketchy neighbors!!

My download & upload speeds are both running over 30Mbps. I'm still stumped

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.