PDA

View Full Version : Message app crashing for anyone else on beta 5/6?

dictoresno
Aug 22, 2013, 03:59 AM
only happened to me once using beta 5 and happend once in beta 6. i go to open the message app and immediately when i select an existing thread, the app force closes. if i go back and close it from the multitasking menu, it still doesnt work. the only way to get back into the app and open a thread is to reboot. i am however able to start a new message or access an existing thread by going to their contact and select send message.

ZeeDD
Aug 22, 2013, 04:30 AM
Hi,

Yes, it happened to me on iOS 7 beta5 and beta6 with my iPhone 4S 16Go.

novovic
Aug 22, 2013, 04:42 AM
iPhone 4s beta 6 happened...

Fenderf4i
Aug 22, 2013, 06:56 AM
Not once on my 4S 16.

Ballis
Aug 22, 2013, 07:30 AM
Did crash on me in beta 5 but not so far in beta 6

daijholt
Aug 22, 2013, 07:47 AM
Yea I've had it a few times as well since beta 5. It lets me open the message app, but when I try to view the top thread it just crashes, then needs a switch off & back on to fix.

MonkeySee....
Aug 22, 2013, 07:53 AM
Happens on my 4S also.

It is due to the conversation with the contact you are having. You need to delete that message thread to stop it crashing.

Parise
Aug 22, 2013, 08:58 AM
Happens on my 5 and only a reboot fixes it.

Now, with Beta 6, my messages aren't updating unless I go back into the full list and back into the message.

Whoever is stating that this is ready for prime time needs a psychiatric evaluation.

daviddth
Aug 22, 2013, 09:00 AM
Once or twice since the first beta I have had crashes of the Message App, so it's not been a big issue here. My current problem is regular crashes of Safari, so I'll do a clean install of the next Beta to see if that helps...

dictoresno
Aug 22, 2013, 09:01 AM
Yea I've had it a few times as well since beta 5. It lets me open the message app, but when I try to view the top thread it just crashes, then needs a switch off & back on to fix.

Yea it always happened to be the top thread for me too that caused the crash. Next time I'll try just deleting the thread instead of a reboot.

bisnicks
Aug 22, 2013, 09:35 AM
I'm not having issues with crashing (iPhone 5, Beta 6) but I am having problems where I'll get text messages without any alerts, numbers on the icons, etc. When I open Messages every so often, there will be blue dots by several of my threads. I've had friends text me to test it and sure enough, there is no alert or notification. Everything is turned on in settings.

chrismac2
Aug 22, 2013, 11:07 AM
This happened to me just yesterday. Everytime I would go into Messages app, it would crash. Only a reboot fixed it. - iphone 5 beta 6

KeanosMagicHat
Aug 22, 2013, 11:13 AM
only happened to me once using beta 5 and happend once in beta 6. i go to open the message app and immediately when i select an existing thread, the app force closes. if i go back and close it from the multitasking menu, it still doesnt work. the only way to get back into the app and open a thread is to reboot. i am however able to start a new message or access an existing thread by going to their contact and select send message.

Almost the same thing happened to me for the first time today. I'm on Beta 6 on a 4S.

A new iMessage came in and when I tried to read it the application immediately crashed whether that was from the notification, the application itself, or via the person's contact information.

I could read any old message without an issue.

Only thing that cured it was a hard reset.

Mabus51
Aug 22, 2013, 11:15 AM
With Beta 5&6 this happens to me all the time on my iPhone 5 with a clean install of beta5 OTA beta6 hotfix. Closing the message app in Mission Control doesn't fix it. As was stated only thing to get it back up and running is a reboot. Was hoping for Beta7 oh well, guess we are waiting for GM now. :(

Uhrzeiger
Aug 22, 2013, 11:16 AM
Crashing and really often problems with imessage.. (Beta 6, 4S)

kmichalec
Aug 22, 2013, 12:52 PM
Happened to me yesterday. Kept crashing no matter whether I killed the app from the app switcher or not. Only a reboot fixed it, but haven't had the issue before then or since. Running Beta 6.

ajt1995
Aug 22, 2013, 12:57 PM
I'm not having issues with crashing (iPhone 5, Beta 6) but I am having problems where I'll get text messages without any alerts, numbers on the icons, etc. When I open Messages every so often, there will be blue dots by several of my threads. I've had friends text me to test it and sure enough, there is no alert or notification. Everything is turned on in settings.

I haven't had the crashing like everyone else, but I had this problem... I fixed it by changing my "banner" notification to an "alert". That seems to have fixed the problem... if you need help, I can get more detailed instructions after work.

Parise
Aug 22, 2013, 02:41 PM
I haven't had the crashing like everyone else, but I had this problem... I fixed it by changing my "banner" notification to an "alert". That seems to have fixed the problem... if you need help, I can get more detailed instructions after work.

Thats a bit unacceptable, however...

I want banner notifications, not alerts.

ad5ll
Aug 22, 2013, 03:22 PM
Happens on my 4S regularly... Deff not GM ready!

ajt1995
Aug 22, 2013, 08:11 PM
Thats a bit unacceptable, however...

I want banner notifications, not alerts.

Me too, but for now...

naigamy
Aug 22, 2013, 10:30 PM
Happens all the time since iOS7 Beta 5

naigamy
Sep 9, 2013, 12:56 PM
As in super all the time, lol. Hope it gets fixed once the GM is out.