Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

knightslay2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2013
Hello,
I have an 6th gen ipod classic and I have earphone jack problems. Initally, it was the earphone hearing some static from time to time when I move my headphones. Now it has a different problem which the volume is very loud even though I put the volume to the lowest. Would the earphone jack be a problem or would the audio chip be a problem?

chumawumba

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2012
Ask the NSA
Hello,
I have an 6th gen ipod classic and I have earphone jack problems. Initally, it was the earphone hearing some static from time to time when I move my headphones. Now it has a different problem which the volume is very loud even though I put the volume to the lowest. Would the earphone jack be a problem or would the audio chip be a problem?

Your headphones are jacked.

knightslay2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2013
Well I don't think so. I have tried different earphones and I get the same result. Its really loud! Its basically hurting your ears. I haven't used my ipod classic since I had this issue. I thought it was a earphone jack and now I'm thinking theres something wrong with the logic board.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.