PDA

View Full Version : App back up?

Afbar1114
Aug 22, 2013, 08:20 AM
Is there a way to back up just apps? Looking to do a fresh install and just wondering if I can back up just apps

TheKrs1
Aug 22, 2013, 11:17 AM
Apps or the data within the apps? If you're doing a fresh instal, just re-install those apps.

Afbar1114
Aug 22, 2013, 06:46 PM
Apps or the data within the apps? If you're doing a fresh instal, just re-install those apps.

I have them backed up but they are old. Every time is install I need to update them

dhlizard
Aug 22, 2013, 07:45 PM
Huh ?
As long as you take time to keep iTunes updated, it will reinstall the newest version when it puts your apps back onto your device.

TheKrs1
Aug 23, 2013, 10:07 AM
I have them backed up but they are old. Every time is install I need to update them

Again, do you mean the app itself or are you worried about the data within the app? You can easily restore previously purchased apps from the store on the device or iTunes on your computer... but are you worried about data loss within the app(s)?

Stuke00
Aug 23, 2013, 11:27 AM
http://itools.hk/en_index.htm

One word. Amazing.

PNutts
Aug 23, 2013, 02:52 PM

If you're using iTunes you can Transfer Purchases (on the device menu) from your device to iTunes. After your fresh install you can sync them back to the device. I manage apps from my phone but occasionally update them all in iTunes that way.