PDA

View Full Version : Champagne-colored boot screen

5t3f4n
Aug 22, 2013, 03:22 PM
The champagne-colored iPhone 5S all but confirmed at this point.
And iOS 7 will feature boot screens matching the color of the device.
Does this mean we'll see a third, champagne-colored, boot screen for the champagne iPhone 5S?
Will it have a champagne background with a black :apple:?
Recent leaks of the champagne iPhone 5S look promising (definitely not as horrible as the early gold renders), but I've never really seen a good golden color pulled off in software.

Is anyone up for the challenge of making a decent-looking mockup for the champagne iPhone 5S boot screen?

Cougarcat
Aug 22, 2013, 03:25 PM
If it's not champagne colored it'll be white, to match its back pieces and front.

AQUADock
Aug 22, 2013, 03:27 PM
If it's not champagne colored it'll be white, to match its back pieces and front.

Who said they will be white? They may also be black.

Cougarcat
Aug 22, 2013, 03:34 PM

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/08/exclusive-high-resolution-photos-of-the-rumored-gold-iphone-5s-back-housing

Paddle1
Aug 22, 2013, 03:34 PM
The 5C has more colors.

Dwalls90
Aug 22, 2013, 03:38 PM

No way.

Apple will certainly create a third glass accent color to match the device.

C DM
Aug 22, 2013, 03:39 PM
The champagne-colored iPhone 5S all but confirmed at this point.
And iOS 7 will feature boot screens matching the color of the device.
Does this mean we'll see a third, champagne-colored, boot screen for the champagne iPhone 5S?
Recent leaks of the champagne iPhone 5S look promising (definitely not as horrible as the early gold renders), but I've never really seen a good golden color pulled off in software.

Is anyone up for the challenge of making a decent-looking mockup for the champagne iPhone 5S boot screen?Just because we've seen that in a couple or so betas so far and only applicable to iPhone 5 still makes it a bit of a stretch that it's really a feature that will be out there for all devices (or even all new devices), and perhaps even more of a stretch to say that it might be anything beyond black or white given that those are the only two colors used during the bootup overall. Realistically we can only wait and see without any real strong evidence in any particular direction.

Paddle1
Aug 22, 2013, 03:40 PM
No way.

From the MacRumors homepage:
http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2013/08/5sfront.png

Cougarcat
Aug 22, 2013, 03:42 PM
No way.

I don't think so. The above image looks real to me, and it would follow with the colored iPods--color back, white front.

Dwalls90
Aug 24, 2013, 03:49 PM
From the MacRumors homepage:
Image (http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2013/08/5sfront.png)

So then either the old silver/white is going away.

Or they just took white 5S parts and matched them with the champagne backplate.

It doesn't seem elegant at all to offer another colored backplate for the white iPhone, are the designers just lazy?

vigilant
Aug 24, 2013, 11:18 PM
So then either the old silver/white is going away.

Or they just took white 5S parts and matched them with the champagne backplate.

It doesn't seem elegant at all to offer another colored backplate for the white iPhone, are the designers just lazy?

I'm not convinced that this gold iPhone will be elegant at all yet but the devil is in the details with Apple as it normally is.

Not having matching glass wouldn't be completely out of the question. The iPod touch doesn't have matching glass to go with the colored variations.

VSMacOne
Aug 25, 2013, 04:51 AM
Look at the little colored spacers built into the frame. Those are black on the slate/black model and white in the silver/white model and they match the color of the screen and rear glass inserts. All the pics I've seen show those spacers to be white on the Champagne model so I'm guessing it's gonna be a champagne/white scheme.

Menel
Aug 25, 2013, 05:20 AM
Apple wants to mark a highly visual change in their keynote as part of their marketting 'magic' strategy.

IPhone 4 showed black.
4S showed majority white.

iPad showed black
IPad 2 showed black again but major design change,
IPad 3 with no design change showed mostly white face.
IPad 4 was basically a sub-note to the iPad Mini announcement.

With the 5S largely looking like the 5. Black being a boring monolith. Expect gratuitous use of the champaign during keynote.

*prediction.
They make it for the pretentious people who complained that the 4S wasn't obvious enough to other people that they had the latest and greatest. For those who think the cellphone they carry boosts their social status.

BlankStar
Aug 26, 2013, 08:42 AM
champagne iphone was requested by 50 cent ;-) Or one of his bling bling homies from the hood anyways.

irnchriz
Aug 26, 2013, 08:47 AM
Meh, its only the Saudis and the Chinese that will be buying a piss coloured iPhone.:D

WhackyNinja
Aug 26, 2013, 08:52 AM
Now with the Graphite iPhone (if rumors are true) we will have a Graphite boot screen ;) lol

bchery21
Aug 26, 2013, 09:38 AM
^ You don't even like the graphite option though :/. I prefer it over the champagne colorway but when it's all said and done, I'll be sticking to the black on black version.

Rogifan
Aug 26, 2013, 09:56 AM
Apple wants to mark a highly visual change in their keynote as part of their marketting 'magic' strategy.

IPhone 4 showed black.
4S showed majority white.

iPad showed black
IPad 2 showed black again but major design change,
IPad 3 with no design change showed mostly white face.
IPad 4 was basically a sub-note to the iPad Mini announcement.

With the 5S largely looking like the 5. Black being a boring monolith. Expect gratuitous use of the champaign during keynote.

*prediction.
They make it for the pretentious people who complained that the 4S wasn't obvious enough to other people that they had the latest and greatest. For those who think the cellphone they carry boosts their social status.

As if people who carry around 5" android phones don't already think that way. :rolleyes:

WhackyNinja
Aug 26, 2013, 10:03 AM
^ You don't even like the graphite option though :/. I prefer it over the champagne colorway but when it's all said and done, I'll be sticking to the black on black version.

I never said I didn't like it. I just said that the color seems a bit boring and then I said that I will have to see it IN person to see how it looks

bchery21
Aug 26, 2013, 11:42 AM
I never said I didn't like it. I just said that the color seems a bit boring and then I said that I will have to see it IN person to see how it looks

I hear ya...

imaginex20
Aug 26, 2013, 02:30 PM
if I'm not mistaken, there won't be "graphite" or "gold" or any other ridiculous color screens unless the front screen will be a different color. If it's just white or black screens then those are the boot screen colors.

lulla01
Aug 26, 2013, 02:57 PM
The champagne iphone is just like the white one except with a different back plate side and buttons. They should have made it gold and black! like anostyle's.

Gjwilly
Aug 26, 2013, 03:17 PM
if I'm not mistaken, there won't be "graphite" or "gold" or any other ridiculous color screens unless the front screen will be a different color. If it's just white or black screens then those are the boot screen colors.

Is that a red boot screen on a white 5C?
http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2013/08/iphone5c.jpg

imaginex20
Aug 26, 2013, 03:18 PM
Is that a red boot screen on a white 5C?
Image (http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2013/08/iphone5c.jpg)

Thats a diagnostic screen for all we know. Do you see an apple logo? No. Try again.

BSben
Aug 26, 2013, 03:35 PM
Meh, its only the Saudis and the Chinese that will be buying a piss coloured iPhone.:D
Shame there is no 'deep fried Mars bar' colour for you.

djtech42
Aug 26, 2013, 05:59 PM
the champagne-colored iphone 5s all but confirmed at this point.
And ios 7 will feature boot screens matching the color of the device.
Does this mean we'll see a third, champagne-colored, boot screen for the champagne iphone 5s?
Recent leaks of the champagne iphone 5s look promising (definitely not as horrible as the early gold renders), but i've never really seen a good golden color pulled off in software.

Is anyone up for the challenge of making a decent-looking mockup for the champagne iphone 5s boot screen?

Nobody's posted a mockup yet, so here you go.