Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

5t3f4n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
The champagne-colored iPhone 5S all but confirmed at this point.
And iOS 7 will feature boot screens matching the color of the device.
Does this mean we'll see a third, champagne-colored, boot screen for the champagne iPhone 5S?
Will it have a champagne background with a black :apple:?
Recent leaks of the champagne iPhone 5S look promising (definitely not as horrible as the early gold renders), but I've never really seen a good golden color pulled off in software.

Is anyone up for the challenge of making a decent-looking mockup for the champagne iPhone 5S boot screen?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The champagne-colored iPhone 5S all but confirmed at this point.
And iOS 7 will feature boot screens matching the color of the device.
Does this mean we'll see a third, champagne-colored, boot screen for the champagne iPhone 5S?
Will it have a champagne background with a black :apple:?
Recent leaks of the champagne iPhone 5S look promising (definitely not as horrible as the early gold renders), but I've never really seen a good golden color pulled off in software.

Is anyone up for the challenge of making a decent-looking mockup for the champagne iPhone 5S boot screen?
Just because we've seen that in a couple or so betas so far and only applicable to iPhone 5 still makes it a bit of a stretch that it's really a feature that will be out there for all devices (or even all new devices), and perhaps even more of a stretch to say that it might be anything beyond black or white given that those are the only two colors used during the bootup overall. Realistically we can only wait and see without any real strong evidence in any particular direction.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
No way.

Apple will certainly create a third glass accent color to match the device.
From the MacRumors homepage:
5sfront.png

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
From the MacRumors homepage:

So then either the old silver/white is going away.

Or they just took white 5S parts and matched them with the champagne backplate.

It doesn't seem elegant at all to offer another colored backplate for the white iPhone, are the designers just lazy?

vigilant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Nashville, TN
So then either the old silver/white is going away.

Or they just took white 5S parts and matched them with the champagne backplate.

It doesn't seem elegant at all to offer another colored backplate for the white iPhone, are the designers just lazy?

I'm not convinced that this gold iPhone will be elegant at all yet but the devil is in the details with Apple as it normally is.

Not having matching glass wouldn't be completely out of the question. The iPod touch doesn't have matching glass to go with the colored variations.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Look at the little colored spacers built into the frame. Those are black on the slate/black model and white in the silver/white model and they match the color of the screen and rear glass inserts. All the pics I've seen show those spacers to be white on the Champagne model so I'm guessing it's gonna be a champagne/white scheme.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Apple wants to mark a highly visual change in their keynote as part of their marketting 'magic' strategy.

IPhone 4 showed black.
4S showed majority white.

iPad showed black
IPad 2 showed black again but major design change,
IPad 3 with no design change showed mostly white face.
IPad 4 was basically a sub-note to the iPad Mini announcement.

With the 5S largely looking like the 5. Black being a boring monolith. Expect gratuitous use of the champaign during keynote.

*prediction.
They make it for the pretentious people who complained that the 4S wasn't obvious enough to other people that they had the latest and greatest. For those who think the cellphone they carry boosts their social status.

bchery21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2009
Boston, MA
^ You don't even like the graphite option though :/. I prefer it over the champagne colorway but when it's all said and done, I'll be sticking to the black on black version.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Apple wants to mark a highly visual change in their keynote as part of their marketting 'magic' strategy.

IPhone 4 showed black.
4S showed majority white.

iPad showed black
IPad 2 showed black again but major design change,
IPad 3 with no design change showed mostly white face.
IPad 4 was basically a sub-note to the iPad Mini announcement.

With the 5S largely looking like the 5. Black being a boring monolith. Expect gratuitous use of the champaign during keynote.

*prediction.
They make it for the pretentious people who complained that the 4S wasn't obvious enough to other people that they had the latest and greatest. For those who think the cellphone they carry boosts their social status.

As if people who carry around 5" android phones don't already think that way. :rolleyes:

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
^ You don't even like the graphite option though :/. I prefer it over the champagne colorway but when it's all said and done, I'll be sticking to the black on black version.

I never said I didn't like it. I just said that the color seems a bit boring and then I said that I will have to see it IN person to see how it looks

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
if I'm not mistaken, there won't be "graphite" or "gold" or any other ridiculous color screens unless the front screen will be a different color. If it's just white or black screens then those are the boot screen colors.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
The champagne iphone is just like the white one except with a different back plate side and buttons. They should have made it gold and black! like anostyle's.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
if I'm not mistaken, there won't be "graphite" or "gold" or any other ridiculous color screens unless the front screen will be a different color. If it's just white or black screens then those are the boot screen colors.

Is that a red boot screen on a white 5C?
iphone5c.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.