PDA

View Full Version : iCloud Keychain

chrismarle
Aug 22, 2013, 03:58 PM
Hi guys,

I was wondering if some of you were able to use iCloud Keychain on your iPhone or iPad. Every time I try to set it up, I can't finish the process because I don't receive the SMS containing the code required to complete the set up. Now, every few days, I get a notification telling me to complete the process even if I can't.

Thanks!

Menel
Aug 22, 2013, 04:26 PM
Yes.

Setup in a previous beta, been awhile.

Used once. Removed due to reports of excessive batt drain

Smwdesigns
Aug 22, 2013, 04:28 PM
I can't setup my iCloud Keychain either. I never receive the SMS with the code so I can activate Keychain.

TheKrs1
Aug 22, 2013, 04:39 PM
Hi guys,

I was wondering if some of you were able to use iCloud Keychain on your iPhone or iPad. Every time I try to set it up, I can't finish the process because I don't receive the SMS containing the code required to complete the set up. Now, every few days, I get a notification telling me to complete the process even if I can't.

Thanks!

Set up on my end and on my fiance's 5's. (Edmonton, AB on Rogers & Telus)

chrismarle
Aug 22, 2013, 05:15 PM
Set up on my end and on my fiance's 5's. (Edmonton, AB on Rogers & Telus)

And you did get Apple's SMS for verification? I'm on Rogers with an iPad 4th gen (LTE) and my iPhone 5 and never got any SMS from Apple.

grockk
Aug 22, 2013, 05:23 PM
Try again. I just went and flipped it on. It asked to restore with my pass code and then said it would text me. Moments later I got my code. keychain is now enabled.

rrares1996
Aug 22, 2013, 05:36 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks!

DON'T ENABLE KEYCHAIN!! Believe me, it drains battery really fast, your iphone will be used every second. If you have... let's say... 4 hours of standby, the usage time will be the same.

dictoresno
Aug 22, 2013, 07:27 PM
DON'T ENABLE KEYCHAIN!! Believe me, it drains battery really fast, your iphone will be used every second. If you have... let's say... 4 hours of standby, the usage time will be the same.

i had the same worries about keychain draining. however, when i loaded ios7 beta 6, i sucked it up and gave it a try. once activated, i see no difference in battery drain then i did with it disabled. i used to be a battery nut, but im slowly enabling feature i didnt use before (keychain and safari icloud sync) and actually turned my battery meter off. i find myself actually using the phone more and for its intended purposes instead or worrying about drain. beta 6 is actually better than any other in regards to battery drain for me.

SanjeevRana
Aug 23, 2013, 05:32 AM

Not true ... Yours is probably stuck due to bad data ... Should do a clean install ... I have enabled since b1 and no issues

rrares1996
Aug 23, 2013, 05:45 AM
Not true ... Yours is probably stuck due to bad data ... Should do a clean install ... I have enabled since b1 and no issues

I tried keychain in beta 3 and it was a clean install, but now I am on 5.0.1, I am done with this ios 7 crap. IOS died when Steve died:(

Tyler23
Aug 23, 2013, 05:49 AM
I tried keychain in beta 3 and it was a clean install, but now I am on 5.0.1, I am done with this ios 7 crap. IOS died when Steve died:(

Sounds like a hefty overreaction there. It's a beta. Sounds like you shouldn't be using it and are now unfairly judging the OS.

iCloud Keychain is working fine for me, and definitely no significant battery drain. My battery life is doing quite well actually.

SanjeevRana
Aug 23, 2013, 05:57 AM

Good for you .. U shouldn't be moving around in iOS 7 forum then :p

aDRock1154
Aug 23, 2013, 06:10 AM
FWIW, I've had mine activated after I did a clean install of beta 3 and I've seen no battery drain.. YMMV if you're using a backup.

rrares1996
Aug 23, 2013, 08:47 AM
Good for you .. U shouldn't be moving around in iOS 7 forum then :p

Haha:rolleyes: yeah, maybe, I am just curious what people think about ios 7 but good point.

Tyler23
Aug 23, 2013, 08:52 AM
Haha:rolleyes: yeah, maybe, I am just curious what people think about ios 7 but good point.

Point is, you don't seem prepared to handle bugs, therefore, you probably shouldn't be running a BETA.

rrares1996
Aug 23, 2013, 09:01 AM
Point is, you don't seem prepared to handle bugs, therefore, you probably shouldn't be running a BETA.

NO NO, I can handle the bugs, what I am saying is that I can't handle the lagness and the chopness therefore Apple should not force iphone 4 users to upgrade to ios 7 and by 'force" I mean to automatically download the OTA on iphone while on wifi with no permission from the user.

Tyler23
Aug 23, 2013, 09:10 AM
NO NO, I can handle the bugs, what I am saying is that I can't handle the lagness and the chopness therefore Apple should not force iphone 4 users to upgrade to ios 7 and by 'force" I mean to automatically download the OTA on iphone while on wifi with no permission from the user.

Um..You have to manually update to a new version of iOS. It doesn't force you to, and it doesn't download automatically. Why do you think there are a lot of users wanting to know if they can get rid of the little red "1" that sits on top of settings when a new iOS version is available? There are tons of users still on iOS 5 that never updated to 6.

Also, it's still a beta, the lagging and chopiness is part of the beta process, which you cleary don't understand..

I don't know where you're getting your information. :rolleyes:

WJKramer
Aug 23, 2013, 09:18 AM
How in the heck does a password saving system kill battery? I know passbook did cause it enabled location services continuously. But what the heck am I missing?

Tyler23
Aug 23, 2013, 09:20 AM
How in the heck does a password saving system kill battery? I know passbook did cause it enabled location services continuously. But what the heck am I missing?

Beats me, too.

TheKrs1
Aug 23, 2013, 10:09 AM
And you did get Apple's SMS for verification? I'm on Rogers with an iPad 4th gen (LTE) and my iPhone 5 and never got any SMS from Apple.

My Telus iPhone 5 did. Not sure about my fiance's on Rogers, but it must have, since hers is active.

rrares1996
Aug 23, 2013, 11:46 AM
Um..You have to manually update to a new version of iOS. It doesn't force you to, and it doesn't download automatically. Why do you think there are a lot of users wanting to know if they can get rid of the little red "1" that sits on top of settings when a new iOS version is available? There are tons of users still on iOS 5 that never updated to 6.

Also, it's still a beta, the lagging and chopiness is part of the beta process, which you cleary don't understand..

I don't know where you're getting your information. :rolleyes:

It's a fact, it happened to me while on 5.1.1 I turned on wifi and the ios 6.1.3 started downloading, I had to jailbreak and disable OTA daemons to stop it but the download was still there unfinished. Now on 5.0.1, non-jailbroken, I had to install a ton of apps so that I only have 2.7 gb free or less because downloading ios 6.1.3 ota requires at least 2.8 gb free on an iphone.

Tyler23
Aug 23, 2013, 12:19 PM
It's a fact, it happened to me while on 5.1.1 I turned on wifi and the ios 6.1.3 started downloading, I had to jailbreak and disable OTA daemons to stop it but the download was still there unfinished. Now on 5.0.1, non-jailbroken, I had to install a ton of apps so that I only have 2.7 gb free or less because downloading ios 6.1.3 ota requires at least 2.8 gb free on an iphone.

If that was the case, Apple wouldn't bother showing the graph of how many people have updated to the newest iOS

rrares1996
Aug 23, 2013, 12:32 PM
If that was the case, Apple wouldn't bother showing the graph of how many people have updated to the newest iOS

That's why they show it, and that's why they do it, force you to update, if they wouldn't do that than the stats would be a lot different.

Smwdesigns
Aug 23, 2013, 12:52 PM
I just remembered something... I have sms shortcodes blocked on my phone. Could that be why I'm not getting a sms from apple with the verification code to activate iCloud Keychain?

Tyler23
Aug 23, 2013, 01:01 PM
That's why they show it, and that's why they do it, force you to update, if they wouldn't do that than the stats would be a lot different.

No, they show it to show that iOS users want to run the latest software.

Again, they don't force the update. I personally know people with the iPhone 4S still running iOS 5. If they forced the update by force downloading it and installing it on devices, all of them would be on 6.1.3.

rrares1996
Aug 23, 2013, 01:07 PM
No, they show it to show that iOS users want to run the latest software.

Again, they don't force the update. I personally know people with the iPhone 4S still running iOS 5. If they forced the update by force downloading it and installing it on devices, all of them would be on 6.1.3.

They force you to download it.

Tyler23
Aug 23, 2013, 01:11 PM
They force you to download it.

Yeah, ok buddy. :rolleyes: And I guess they forced you to install the iOS 7 beta too, right?

Do you not see all of these people saying how they're not updating to iOS 7? And how there are tons of people still on earlier versions of iOS (when they could be on more recent)?

I'm done with this discussion. :cool:

Papajuice
Aug 23, 2013, 01:45 PM
Have used it in beta 5/6 and have no batt problems. Keychain is only saving 20% of logins. Most of the time there is no prompt for me or it says the website requests not to have it saved.

rrares1996
Aug 23, 2013, 05:22 PM
Yeah, ok buddy. :rolleyes: And I guess they forced you to install the iOS 7 beta too, right?

Do you not see all of these people saying how they're not updating to iOS 7? And how there are tons of people still on earlier versions of iOS (when they could be on more recent)?

I'm done with this discussion. :cool:

OH god, I said that they force you to download not install and they will with ios 7 too when it will be released. I tried ios 7 just to see how it runs.

benji888
Aug 25, 2013, 06:37 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks!

Have you tried turning it off? I had weirdness the first time I tried it out and just turned it off. Didn't try again until last week w/beta 6. I would try to turn it off first, maybe even power cycle, then turn it on again, it should start over and send you a new text...did for me, but, that was with different betas.

chrismarle
Aug 26, 2013, 12:02 PM
I think it's working now. But I can't wait to see it work flawlessly in iOS 7 (final) and in Mavericks (final).

Zcott
Aug 26, 2013, 12:10 PM
Works great. One of my favourite new features.

darthwebster
Sep 9, 2013, 03:52 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks!

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having the same issue on my iPhone. Icloud key chains works on my imac with mavericks but it won't send me the SMS verification code on my iPhone? Can anyone help?