Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smwdesigns

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013
Thought of a maybe fun topic... What's your favorite iOS7 feature that Apple has introduced? Why?

pottyvick

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2013
Control center and Multi-tasking... Maybe airdrop as soon as my friends update to ios7

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA
Some of my favorites have been already mentioned... but one thing I'm very excited about is the new abilities of the shared photo streams. Right now, each of my family members has a separate stream they post pictures to that the rest of the family can see on their photo stream. Now, we can create ONE family stream and all post to it! :D

Smwdesigns

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013
Swipe to go back because it's difficult to reach the back button if you're using the phone with only 1 hand.

I'm pretty sure swipe to go back has already been introduced in the App Store app and a few other places in the OS.

Smwdesigns

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013
As in iOS 6 and before? What screens/apps, out of curiosity?

I'm running iOS7 on my iPhone 5. If you go in settings you can swipe back. And and if your in the App Store looking at an app you can swipe back.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'm running iOS7 on my iPhone 5. If you go in settings you can swipe back. And and if your in the App Store looking at an app you can swipe back.
Oh, you mean in iOS 7 in general? Yeah, it's been introduced more or less system-wide (which is I think what Armen was referring to, and what the thread is basically about). I thought with your earlier reply where you mentioned "... has already been introduced ..." you meant that that feature was there in some places before iOS 7.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I love Control Center and AirDrop and automatic app updating, but the thing I love/use the most is probably the swipe gestures in Safari, Messages, Settings, etc. So nice to be able to swipe to go back now ... :D

Smwdesigns

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013
Oh, you mean in iOS 7 in general? Yeah, it's been introduced more or less system-wide (which is I think what Armen was referring to, and what the thread is basically about). I thought with your earlier reply where you mentioned "... has already been introduced ..." you meant that that feature was there in some places before iOS 7.

Oh no. I was just referring to Apple already introducing swipe to go back in iOS7. Sorry for the confusion.

----------

Air drop, but its not completely awesome until we are able to airdrop to and from a mac. :D

I agree. Hope Apple allows you to use airdrop between Macs and iPhones.

ajvizzgamer101

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2008
United States
I use Today everyday. And Automatically updates are nice from connivence stand point and from a geek stand point. Best feeling was just the other day I looked at my iPhone and saw a new app icon for Youtube. :D

Gogurt48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
I love Control Center and AirDrop and automatic app updating, but the thing I love/use the most is probably the swipe gestures in Safari, Messages, Settings, etc. So nice to be able to swipe to go back now ... :D

I agree. I often find myself swiping back in apps that don't support it, just out of habit, and being disappointed when nothing happens. I can't wait until more apps support it.

red41

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2006
Having the exact time of each text message. It's a small feature but something I've always wanted on my iPhone.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

Exactly. The system wife swipe to go back is my favorite feature of iOS 7

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.