PDA

View Full Version : AirPlay PITA

roland.g
Aug 23, 2013, 01:57 AM
I like that control center gives you the "control" that it does.

However, it is ridiculous that there is no airplay icon directly in the music app. They have it in the videos app and sort of in the photos app (via the sharing icon). But for playing music instead of a one-tap on the icon to bring up AirPlay options, you have to invoke control center to get to it. It's an extra step. What's the point of adding steps?!!?!

WJKramer
Aug 23, 2013, 09:12 AM
I like that control center gives you the "control" that it does.

However, it is ridiculous that there is no airplay icon directly in the music app. They have it in the videos app and sort of in the photos app (via the sharing icon). But for playing music instead of a one-tap on the icon to bring up AirPlay options, you have to invoke control center to get to it. It's an extra step. What's the point of adding steps?!!?!

I'll admit at first I was a little miffed too. However, overtime, I have come to prefer it this way. It's nice to have a universal place, no matter what app your in, to select AirPlay. Some apps you have to hunt to find it, i.e. Spotify. It makes things less cluttered as well.

roland.g
Aug 23, 2013, 09:52 AM
I'll admit at first I was a little miffed too. However, overtime, I have come to prefer it this way. It's nice to have a universal place, no matter what app your in, to select AirPlay. Some apps you have to hunt to find it, i.e. Spotify. It makes things less cluttered as well.

I don't mind the universal place, but personally I think that certain apps, music, video, and photos should have a permanent shortcut. It is still in the videos app, but not in music. Not sure why you keep it one place and not another.

PNutts
Aug 23, 2013, 02:56 PM
I don't mind the universal place, but personally I think that certain apps, music, video, and photos should have a permanent shortcut. It is still in the videos app, but not in music. Not sure why you keep it one place and not another.

Bleh. One more black mark. But I'm still bitter about taking away the home button double click to favorites. ;)