PDA

View Full Version : Apple TV 3 - AirPlay -15000 Unknown Error.

hamiltonDSi
Aug 23, 2013, 05:32 AM
Hi there,

For a couple of days I get an Unknown Error (-15000) when I try to play music via AirPlay from my Mac (OS X 10.8.4 / iTunes 11.0.5) to my Apple TVs 3 (both on 5.3).
How can I fix this ?
The error appears to be related only to my Apple TVs because playing music with AirTunes (via AirPort Express) to my Home Cinema works.

waw74
Aug 23, 2013, 10:58 AM
try rebooting your router, and if that doesn't work, reboot the mac and aTV

you can also google your router model and "airplay" see if there are any settings that can help.

my router was crashing when i tried to airplay to one device, others were fine, changing the WMM setting helped.

paulrbeers
Aug 23, 2013, 11:30 AM
http://oopsiemumma.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/it-crowd1.jpg

hamiltonDSi
Aug 24, 2013, 06:40 PM
Image (http://oopsiemumma.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/it-crowd1.jpg)

Yes, I have rebooted my Mac and Apple TVs numerous times and I keep getting the error.
I am not an idiot. Thanks for nothing.

----------

try rebooting your router, and if that doesn't work, reboot the mac and aTV

you can also google your router model and "airplay" see if there are any settings that can help.

my router was crashing when i tried to airplay to one device, others were fine, changing the WMM setting helped.

My Router(s) are fine. :)
It would be hilarious if my routers could not handle AirPlay because they are all the latest-gen AirPorts.
I have a WiFi network with two AirPorts Express (2nd gen) and one AirPort Extreme 802.11ac.

paulrbeers
Aug 24, 2013, 09:10 PM
Yes, I have rebooted my Mac and Apple TVs numerous times and I keep getting the error.
I am not an idiot. Thanks for nothing.[COLOR="#808080"]

Hey now, you are the one that came here looking for help but didn't specify what you had done. All you did is tell us you have had a problem X for several days. How are we to know what you did or didn't do? Frankly, attitudes like that will get you no where in life and won't get you a lot of help from these forums....

To quote Ice Cube: "You better check yo self before you wreck yo self"

hamiltonDSi
Aug 25, 2013, 06:01 AM
Hey now, you are the one that came here looking for help but didn't specify what you had done. All you did is tell us you have had a problem X for several days. How are we to know what you did or didn't do? Frankly, attitudes like that will get you no where in life and won't get you a lot of help from these forums....

To quote Ice Cube: "You better check yo self before you wreck yo self"

I am sorry but I took your question like an insult because you replied with that picture.

hanser
Aug 29, 2013, 06:09 AM
I have exactly the same problem with my mac mini and Apple TV. I resetted everything multiple times, even created a new account on the mac for testing, reinstalled Mountain Lion, but nothing changes that. So I would be interested how many other are affected and if somebody has a solution.