PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 and Twitter

serkan
Aug 23, 2013, 07:57 AM
Hello guys ;

I have a guestion. When I have iOS 6 we had a tweet sendind part at the notification center when we swipe down. In iOS 7 we dont have that ? Or anybody know how can I put that part in my notification center and send tweets from there.

Thnx

jbenkelman
Aug 23, 2013, 08:18 AM
Hello guys ;

I have a guestion. When I have iOS 6 we had a tweet sendind part at the notification center when we swipe down. In iOS 7 we dont have that ? Or anybody know how can I put that part in my notification center and send tweets from there.

Thnx

They took it out at the start of the beta cycle for iOS 7. Since its not actually a "notification" it didn't really belong in the Notification Center.

Some people still have a glimmer of hope that its coming back, but I think we wont be seeing it again.

You can always just have Siri tweet for you.

Tander
Aug 23, 2013, 08:21 AM
They took it out at the start of the beta cycle for iOS 7. Since its not actually a "notification" it didn't really belong in the Notification Center.

Some people still have a glimmer of hope that its coming back, but I think we wont be seeing it again.

One could argue that sending a message to twitter / Fb is a notification - just its outgoing not incoming :p

Merkie
Aug 23, 2013, 08:52 AM
I think Apple should remove the "Missed" tab (it is useless imo) and instead add widgets that users can put there.

serkan
Aug 23, 2013, 08:57 AM
Personally I used it pretty much and I liked it a lot . İt was fast and easy for me. Lets just hope that they put that back :)

aDRock1154
Aug 23, 2013, 11:01 AM
I used it everyday and really miss it.

Fastest way to tweet in my opinion...

Riverton
Aug 23, 2013, 11:08 AM
In absolutely hated those widgets. Neither had full functionality. They felt half-baked and abandoned by Apple, never to be fixed or updated.

C DM
Aug 23, 2013, 11:17 AM
Just a little ways down the first page of the iOS 7 sub-forum: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=17775649

fraggot
Aug 26, 2013, 10:10 AM
In absolutely hated those widgets. Neither had full functionality. They felt half-baked and abandoned by Apple, never to be fixed or updated.

They worked fine for me......

Tomn94
Aug 26, 2013, 10:57 AM
I really miss Twitter one.

But yes, they were half-baked .
For example you could write a tweet them lock or push Home button (the Notification Center disappears) and you lost what you wrote.
If there was a network issue, a pop-up message proposed to retry, but you had to retry immediately and not later (you couldn’t activate Wi-Fi/3G meanwhile, or copy the message for later).

Smwdesigns
Aug 26, 2013, 11:46 AM

Who actually uses Siri to tweet.. Siri can't handle most the things you ask or tell her without getting something wrong. So what makes you think she'll get a tweet right?

zamudiovsky
Aug 26, 2013, 11:51 AM
Who actually uses Siri to tweet.. Siri can't handle most the things you ask or tell her without getting something wrong. So what makes you think she'll get a tweet right?

I do, and she gets it right every time, even when you mention people, it works perfectly

dannyyankou
Aug 26, 2013, 11:52 AM
It wasn't really complete. It would've been much better if you could retweet/favorite/reply to tweets from Notification Center.

jbenkelman
Aug 26, 2013, 12:04 PM

What makes me think she can get it right...is all the times she gets it right?

I use Siri to tweet. When I can't use my hands because I'm operating a ton of metal going 65 mph around other people who trust me to be driving. I use Siri to tweet if need be.

Smwdesigns
Aug 26, 2013, 12:08 PM
What makes me think she can get it right...is all the times she gets it right?

I use Siri to tweet. When I can't use my hands because I'm operating a ton of metal going 65 mph around other people who trust me to be driving. I use Siri to tweet if need be.

If you're operating a ton of metal going at 65 mph you should be focused on that and not talking to Siri to send out a tweet.

nheilweil
Aug 26, 2013, 04:08 PM
If you're operating a ton of metal going at 65 mph you should be focused on that and not talking to Siri to send out a tweet.

#screeeeeeeeech #ihaznoinsurance

BlankStar
Aug 27, 2013, 02:54 AM
But sometimes you really need to tweet something immediatly, you can't wait, some tweets are a matter of life and death. The world will end if it's not tweeted at that exact moment...

:rolleyes:

aDRock1154
Aug 27, 2013, 06:38 AM
But sometimes you really need to tweet something immediatly, you can't wait, some tweets are a matter of life and death. The world will end if it's not tweeted at that exact moment...

:rolleyes:

Finally, someone gets it.

/s

ITALIAN9
Aug 28, 2013, 09:32 AM
I do miss that a bit in iOS 7. I find I no longer update my status with the one-off thoughts I have that I deem worth sharing. I generally use Facebook less.****************65pFOd

Chocolatemilty
Aug 29, 2013, 04:55 PM
I really do hope the iOS team puts this functionality back somewhere in the UI, be it Control Center or Notification Center. It's things like that that continues to make this phone a smartphone. Updating and tweeting without needing to open the entire app and load it up was a great smartphone feature. Going backwards in that regard is silly to me.

uhaas
Aug 29, 2013, 10:58 PM
I do miss that a bit in iOS 7. I find I no longer update my status with the one-off thoughts I have that I deem worth sharing. I generally use Facebook less.Image (****************65pFOd)

We have a winner! When we GA, there will be status update-gate.